PXL_20220118_031225048 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220116_232314829 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220116_233421943_exported_13040~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
glass (resized).png
61iO+jlKp0L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
46B69C12-A232-4BED-9BDC-B8AEA673BD81.gif
download (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

OP, don't leave us hangin'!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not if it isn't tempered.
LTG : )

I had a service call once to replace the top glass on a game.
Seems two young brothers were horsing around, and one flipped the other one off the couch, and the kid landed flat on his back on top of the pinball machine!
Glass was not tempered, and it was pulverized! Took me an hour to remove and vacuum the glass out of the game. Only a few small parts on the playfield were damaged, and apparently the kid wasn't injured.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

My was tempered and it went everywhere though my bacement I found little glass for weeks lol

Yup. That's always the way it is.

1 week later
#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

My 1969 Bally Joust seems to have the lockdown bar glued to the glass, after unlatching it all lifts upwards as one piece, chrome edging and glass. Not normal, right?

It's normal. The glass, lockdown bar and side trim, all lift up in one piece, and are removable from the game if desired. There are thin metal prop rods in the top edges of the cabinet sides which can be pulled out to support the glass assembly if you choose to leave it on the game when servicing it. Bally made several models with this type of arrangement.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not normal. I'd try and soak it a little. 1/2 water half soap. See if the beer seal loosens up enough to get the lockdown bar off.
LTG : )

Never owned a late '60s- early '70s Bally?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

I found the metal rails!! So thin, they are practically buried into the wood so I couldn't find them at first.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully the glass is in good condition and you keep it that way. It's a bit of a pain to replace it, and it's not a standard sized glass.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

And today I found out I can lift both glass and playfield! But is it safe? So convenient though.
[quoted image]

You can also remove the glass assembly from the game, pull the playfield forward some, and tip it back against the lightbox to allow better access under the playfield.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-glass-stuck?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.