Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by FLASHBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230813_134750 (resized).jpg
    20230813_134736 (resized).jpg
    20230813_135040 (resized).jpg
    large full view (resized).jpg
    20190612_024333.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Playfield glass size chart Posted by ForceFlow (8 years ago)

Post #5 PF glass sizes for EMs in 60s and 70s Posted by John_I (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've been in the process of collecting playfield and backglass sizes (for translites) as a central resource for measurements. Many times, folks need measurements to take to a glass shop to have replacement glass made for when glass is damaged or missing, but are unable to find measurements.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Playfield_Glass_Sizes
    http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

So far, the list is fairly comprehensive, but there are a few measurements still missing. If you are able to provide measurements for the missing sizes, please feel free to edit the pinwiki page directly, or post the measurements here (and I can add them).

Playfield glass sizes needed:

• EM games
    • Chicago Coin titles
    • Mystery Castle
    • VarkonFound!
    • Granny & the Gators
    • Banzai Run (Both glasses)
    • Pin2000
    • Gottlieb Caveman

Backglass sizes needed:

• Bally 6803 games (the sizes seem to vary between titles)Confirmed!
    • Sega Batman Forever (widebody)
    • Sega standard body titles (with a flat backglass)
    • WPC SuperPin (Any of the following: Demolition Man, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, Popeye Saves the Earth, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Twilight Zone)Found!
    • Pin2000 marquee
    • Capcom games

Also, if you are able to provide measurements for any manufacturers/systems/titles not on the list, or know of any oddball exceptions, please do--all measurements are welcome.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd

#3 8 years ago

After Christmas bump for those heading back to tinker in the workshop or gameroom

#9 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

Quoted from MrBally:

Varkon just measured for you:
    24 7/16" wide x 22.0" high

3/16" thick, I'm assuming?

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern Stars
    MPU-100
    Backglass
    28 1/2" W x 25 1/2" H

Thanks for checking, however, for backglass sizes, I was mainly just looking for the games with translites. The idea was to gather the sizes in order to be able to get new tempered glass for replacing missing or damaged glass.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I noticed it said translites but you had Bally 6803's listed and those were backglasses.

I've seen some with real backglasses and some with translites. I'm guessing the translites were repos.

2 weeks later
    #13 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey ForceFlow,
    I was looking at your entries on pinwiki for playfield glass sizes-
    http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Playfield_Glass_Sizes
    You've got my Magic Clock down as an exception with it's slightly wider than normal glass. All Williams that used the funky cabinet with the shelf on the front in 1960 and 61 used probably the same glass. These include-
    Darts
    Black Jack
    Magic Clock
    Bo Bo
    Caravelle
    Highways
    Hollywood
    Jungle
    Music Man
    Viking
    The playfield is a little wider too so maybe these were the first widebody games.
    The early Williams woodrails used a shorter cabinet and playfield glass up into the early to mid 50s, but I will need to take a measurement to get you the correct dimensions.

Thanks, I added the info you provided

1 year later
    #15 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Mystery Castle needs to be updated as it uses standard size glass.

Were you able to confirm this by measuring it? I had two sources indicate that MC used a slightly different size, but they didn't provide measurements.

1 week later
    #17 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

My mc came with a piece of zaccaria glass installed. Put that in soccer kings and swapped the other into mc. For the record my mystery castle cabinet is a repainted al's garage band cabinet. The factory had leftovers so the early mc's show red when they get flipper button wear. Stands to reason that the same cabinet, same lockdown bar, rails, and glass channel would use the same glass as al's.
    My punchy did not come with glass, but after measuring here are the dimensions.
    3/16" thick
    21" wide
    32 " long

Just to confirm, this is the playfield glass? 32" seems kind of short.

7 months later
    #21 6 years ago

Would someone be able to measure the backglass on a Sega game, such as Apollo 13, Baywatch, Frankenstein, Godzilla, Golden Cue, Goldeneye, Independence Day, Lost in Space, Mini-Viper, South Park, or Twister?

Thanks

1 year later
    #31 5 years ago

Looking for Sega measurements. It was recently drawn to my attention that there were a lot more variations of the games produced under Sega than I was previously aware of.

http://www.pinwiki.com//wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

Most of the variations have now been separated into distinct groups. If you have any Sega games and can verify the size of the glass, please post here or PM me.

Thanks!

1 year later
    #51 3 years ago

Great, thanks! The measurements have been added to pinwiki

10 months later
    #57 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Just measured Batman 66. The glass itself is 25-7/8 x 16-1/2 x 1/8 inch without the plastic trim pieces.
    It's a pretty fair assumption that other SPIKE II games are the same size

Thanks--added it to the list

2 months later
    #59 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Price was reasonable compared to the local places, $75.93 (tempered).

That's pretty expensive. In my area, it's been around $30 for standard playfield glass, and almost $60 for widebody.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Might be a supply and demand thing. Called 2 local places, they both said about a month and were both over $100. Standard was $40 at Allentown this year. Figured an extra $35 for custom size and shipping wasn't bad.

Yeah, shipping glass is expensive.

The glass places here charge based on the physical dimensions of the glass.

Also--when ordering, make sure to specify that the edges be sanded, not polished. Polishing costs extra, which isn't necessary since the edges aren't visible in a game.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Slugfest
    Playfield Glass
    23” x 35 1/4”
    3/16” thick clear tempered

It's already on the list, but thanks

8 months later
    #66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

I don't think all of the stern MPU-100 games are the same length. Tried to put a new piece of glass into a Hot Hand and it is too long. Compared to what was installed there originally and the new piece (standard "Classic SS" glass) is longer... Anyone else experience this or is this new glass cut wrong?

That's news to me. Are you sure there's nothing in the rear channel that might be blocking the glass from sliding all the way back?

What are the lengths of the old glass and the new glass?

Are you sure that the cab is original, and not a rebuild cab, or a cab from another game?

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

The original piece that was in the Hot Hand was 43" even. The replacement piece was just shy of the spec'd 43 & 3/16" The new piece will not allow the lockdown bar to close fully onto the game as the glass is in the way...

So the new glass doesn't have the correct measurements?

1 year later
    #75 8 months ago
    Quoted from Asiapinball:

The early Segas Maverick through to Goldeneye and including all 4 large DMD Segas all have same size backglass glass. It is 26-1/2" by 19-3/4" and 1/8" thick, as measured and in attached photographs.
    Part number 660-5018-00 (from Item 16 of page 44 of the Baywatch manual) which also confirms the length at 26-1/2" and width of 19-3/4" (but not thickness)
    The following have this same glass listed in the manual:
    Maverick
    Apollo 13
    Batman Forever
    Baywatch
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
    Goldeneye
    Independence Day and Twister have a different glass. 660-5008-00 which is 26" x 22-1/2"
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great, thanks for the measurements. I went ahead and updated them and a few other DE/Sega/Stern entries

3 months later
    #79 5 months ago
    Quoted from greywolf:

Looking for the EM backglass sizes but not finding them here...

Only clear pane glass are on the list (ie, for translites), not screen printed backglasses.

2 weeks later
    #81 4 months ago
    Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Gottlieb System 1 backglass size seems to be missing. I have a Solar Ride which is 26 x 26. But came here to confirm if Genie being widebody was the same.
    Anybody?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Only clear pane glass are on the list (ie, for translites), not screen printed backglasses.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-glass-sizes-backglass-sizes-request-for-measurements?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.