Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by FLASHBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230813_134750 (resized).jpg
    20230813_134736 (resized).jpg
    20230813_135040 (resized).jpg
    large full view (resized).jpg
    20190612_024333.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Playfield glass size chart Posted by ForceFlow (8 years ago)

Post #5 PF glass sizes for EMs in 60s and 70s Posted by John_I (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I've been in the process of collecting playfield and backglass sizes (for translites) as a central resource for measurements. Many times, folks need measurements to take to a glass shop to have replacement glass made for when glass is damaged or missing, but are unable to find measurements.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Playfield_Glass_Sizes
    http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

So far, the list is fairly comprehensive, but there are a few measurements still missing. If you are able to provide measurements for the missing sizes, please feel free to edit the pinwiki page directly, or post the measurements here (and I can add them).

Playfield glass sizes needed:

• EM games
    • Chicago Coin titles
    • Mystery Castle
    • VarkonFound!
    • Granny & the Gators
    • Banzai Run (Both glasses)
    • Pin2000
    • Gottlieb Caveman

Backglass sizes needed:

• Bally 6803 games (the sizes seem to vary between titles)Confirmed!
    • Sega Batman Forever (widebody)
    • Sega standard body titles (with a flat backglass)
    • WPC SuperPin (Any of the following: Demolition Man, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, Popeye Saves the Earth, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Twilight Zone)Found!
    • Pin2000 marquee
    • Capcom games

Also, if you are able to provide measurements for any manufacturers/systems/titles not on the list, or know of any oddball exceptions, please do--all measurements are welcome.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd

#3 8 years ago

After Christmas bump for those heading back to tinker in the workshop or gameroom

#4 8 years ago

Pretty sure all of the WPC backglasses are the same size, widebody or not. I'll measure and confirm, but I remember swapping glasses between BSD and TZ before, and they fit either game.

#5 8 years ago

EM games that I have seen from the 70s and late 60s are all the same as new machines. 21x43x3/16 I can take the PF glass off off ACDC and put it on BSD or Target Alpha.

WPC widebody PF glass is 23.75 x 43 x 3/16. Backglass is 27 x 18 7/8.
    Regular WPC backglass such as BSD is also 27 x 18 7/8.

#6 8 years ago

Varkon just measured for you:
    24 7/16" wide x 22.0" high

#7 8 years ago

Bally City Slicker

Backglass
    26 5/16" W x 24 5/8" H

Playfield
    21" W x 43" H

That's in line with what you already have for 6803 games.

#8 8 years ago

Stern Stars
    MPU-100

Backglass
    28 1/2" W x 25 1/2" H

#9 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

Quoted from MrBally:

Varkon just measured for you:
    24 7/16" wide x 22.0" high

3/16" thick, I'm assuming?

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern Stars
    MPU-100
    Backglass
    28 1/2" W x 25 1/2" H

Thanks for checking, however, for backglass sizes, I was mainly just looking for the games with translites. The idea was to gather the sizes in order to be able to get new tempered glass for replacing missing or damaged glass.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks for checking, however, for backglass sizes, I was mainly just looking for the games with translites. The idea was to gather the sizes in order to be able to get new tempered glass for replacing missing or damaged glass.

I noticed it said translites but you had Bally 6803's listed and those were backglasses.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I noticed it said translites but you had Bally 6803's listed and those were backglasses.

I've seen some with real backglasses and some with translites. I'm guessing the translites were repos.

#12 8 years ago

Hey ForceFlow,
    I was looking at your entries on pinwiki for playfield glass sizes-

You've got my Magic Clock down as an exception with it's slightly wider than normal glass. All Williams that used the funky cabinet with the shelf on the front in 1960 and 61 used probably the same glass. These include-

Darts
    Black Jack
    Magic Clock
    Bo Bo
    Caravelle
    Highways
    Hollywood
    Jungle
    Music Man
    Viking

The playfield is a little wider too so maybe these were the first widebody games.

The early Williams woodrails used a shorter cabinet and playfield glass up into the early to mid 50s, but I will need to take a measurement to get you the correct dimensions.

1 week later
    #13 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey ForceFlow,
    I was looking at your entries on pinwiki for playfield glass sizes-
    You've got my Magic Clock down as an exception with it's slightly wider than normal glass. All Williams that used the funky cabinet with the shelf on the front in 1960 and 61 used probably the same glass. These include-
    Darts
    Black Jack
    Magic Clock
    Bo Bo
    Caravelle
    Highways
    Hollywood
    Jungle
    Music Man
    Viking
    The playfield is a little wider too so maybe these were the first widebody games.
    The early Williams woodrails used a shorter cabinet and playfield glass up into the early to mid 50s, but I will need to take a measurement to get you the correct dimensions.

Thanks, I added the info you provided

1 year later
    #14 7 years ago

Necro bump, but I ran across this looking for info on punchy the clown. Mystery Castle needs to be updated as it uses standard size glass. Pistol Poker, Mystery Castle, and Al's all use standard.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Mystery Castle needs to be updated as it uses standard size glass.

Were you able to confirm this by measuring it? I had two sources indicate that MC used a slightly different size, but they didn't provide measurements.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Were you able to confirm this by measuring it? I had two sources indicate that MC used a slightly different size, but they didn't provide measurements.

My mc came with a piece of zaccaria glass installed. Put that in soccer kings and swapped the other into mc. For the record my mystery castle cabinet is a repainted al's garage band cabinet. The factory had leftovers so the early mc's show red when they get flipper button wear. Stands to reason that the same cabinet, same lockdown bar, rails, and glass channel would use the same glass as al's.

My punchy did not come with glass, but after measuring here are the dimensions.
    3/16" thick
    21" wide
    32 " long

1 week later
    #17 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

My mc came with a piece of zaccaria glass installed. Put that in soccer kings and swapped the other into mc. For the record my mystery castle cabinet is a repainted al's garage band cabinet. The factory had leftovers so the early mc's show red when they get flipper button wear. Stands to reason that the same cabinet, same lockdown bar, rails, and glass channel would use the same glass as al's.
    My punchy did not come with glass, but after measuring here are the dimensions.
    3/16" thick
    21" wide
    32 " long

Just to confirm, this is the playfield glass? 32" seems kind of short.

1 month later
    #18 6 years ago

I understand your goal is translite replacement, but since you have such a great list of helpful dimensions, why not add the dimensions of non-translite backglass? I am sure there are hobbyists out there (myself included) that would benefit from these dimensions. In the past I had a translite printed and a piece of lexan cut for an Evel Knevel machine. I just couldn't find (or afford) a genuine or repo bg. You could make a non-translite section. It is great to know you have the correct dimensions for the proper fit before getting something custom cut.

Great work!

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just to confirm, this is the playfield glass? 32" seems kind of short.

Dung is correct. Punchy shares the same style cabinet as the Gottlieb mini pins Mario Mushroom World, Bell Ringer and Bullseye. There is also Nudge-It but the lock down bar on that looks wider so I don't think that the glass is as long. I measured mushroom world's playfield glass and it matches 21" x 32" x 3/16".

3 weeks later
    #20 6 years ago

Granny and the Gators
    20-15/16 wide (532 mm)
    24-5/16 deep (617 mm)

Not the same size as Baby Pac-Man. Granny glass is also mounted flat, just above the playfield. Baby Pac-Man has very slanted playfield glass (which allows some air balls to get stuck above and behind the lower playfield plastics).

5 months later
    #21 6 years ago

Would someone be able to measure the backglass on a Sega game, such as Apollo 13, Baywatch, Frankenstein, Godzilla, Golden Cue, Goldeneye, Independence Day, Lost in Space, Mini-Viper, South Park, or Twister?

Thanks

#22 6 years ago

I measured South Park tonight. It's 26 wide x 19 1/4 high.

4 months later
    #24 6 years ago

hi,
    someone had posted this on google pinball group about back glass dimension

WPC games - Bally williams games from the 90's etc
    27 X 19

System 11 Games - same size as WPC
    27 X 19

Bally - early solid state - Paragon, Supersomic, Eight Ball etc
    28 1/2 X 25 3/4

Stern - Early solid state Nugent, Seawitch, Trident etc
    same as early Bally's

Early Williams - Gorgar, Flash, Firepower etc
    28 1/2 X 25 1/2

Data East - Starwars, LAH, LW3, etc
    26 X 22 1/2

Bally system from 80's? Elvira, game show, dr dude, party zone etc,
    translites that cover DMD ?
    27 X 23 1/2

Willliams system 80's Kings of Steel
    25 3/4 X 28 1/2

Stern - New
    26 X 19.1/4

does anyone know what are the dimensions for Gottlieb EM and Gottlieb Sys80 back glasses?

thanks

#26 6 years ago

Gottlieb system 80 backglass 20 x 25
    Taken from gold wings

1 month later
    #27 5 years ago

Road Kings backglass is 28.5"x25.5"

2 months later
    #28 5 years ago

Gottlieb poker Face 1953

Playfield
    21 x 43

Back glass
    20 1/8 x 22 1/8

2 months later
    #29 5 years ago

Wanted to help with this post since I have not seen this listed yet. It doesn't fall under the Bally Metal Canopy Frame section either.

I got my 1964 Bally Mad World out and measured the glass as it's not "standard" size. It's shorter than the 21" W x 43" H

1964 Bally Mad World: 21" W x 41 1/2" H

#30 5 years ago

And sorry, the sizes are for the Bally Mad World "Playfield Glass". I should have stated that.

3 weeks later
    #31 5 years ago

Looking for Sega measurements. It was recently drawn to my attention that there were a lot more variations of the games produced under Sega than I was previously aware of.

http://www.pinwiki.com//wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

Most of the variations have now been separated into distinct groups. If you have any Sega games and can verify the size of the glass, please post here or PM me.

Thanks!

3 months later
    #32 5 years ago

Looking for measures (size and thickness) for a Gottlieb Diamond Lady.

Thanks

#33 5 years ago

Does anyone know the size of a DE backglass for games like BTTF, Simpsons, etc?

2 months later
    #34 4 years ago

What would exavt measurments be for 1965 williams eager beaver

#35 4 years ago

Spinball Jolly Park playfield glass : 24 3/16" x 43 3/8" (or at least that's what fit on my machine)

#36 4 years ago

That u think would be same size backglass as my eager beaver??

#37 4 years ago

Anyone know the measurement on a Williams Comet backglass/translite?

Edit: found it.....27"x 19" x 1/8"

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anyone know the measurement on a Williams Comet backglass/translite?
    Edit: found it.....27"x 19" x 1/8"

Where did u find this info maybe i can find info for my eager beaver

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Where did u find this info maybe i can find info for my eager beaver

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

20190612_024333.jpg20190612_024333.jpg
    #40 4 years ago

Is my em pinball machine systems 11 tho? I just want to make sure that size you told me is for my exact backglass?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Is my em pinball machine systems 11 tho? I just want to make sure that size you told me is for my exact backglass?

I don't think they are and I'm not entirely sure what system they'd fall under Williams, I was just highlighting where I found the info for Comet (sys11)

#42 4 years ago

Oh yes i appriciate the help but i have an EM machine totally diffrent.

#43 4 years ago

How about em non translite? Just measured Wms OXO, and it is 28.5” wide x 25.5” high, and sure looks like a full 1/4” thick rather than 3/16”. Could use confirmation on thickness.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

How about em non translite? Just measured Wms OXO, and it is 28.5” wide x 25.5” high, and sure looks like a full 1/4” thick rather than 3/16”. Could use confirmation on thickness.

Do you think that would be same size of my 1965 esger beaver?

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Do you think that would be same size of my 1965 esger beaver?

Don’t know the game, but OXO is a wide back box 4 player from the mid 70’s. So while they look fairly close from pics. I wouldn’t count on it.

4 months later
    #46 4 years ago

Anyone have the measurements for a Haunted House plexiglass which fits in the middle of the main playfield and goes down to the lower level? Does anyone have one that they would sell me or know of a dealer who sells these? Thanks, Dana

#47 4 years ago

If people are interested in tempered glass 1 to 4 in a box (you can get different sizes & thickness). Please contact me & I will see what I can sell it for. My UPS rates to USA are good. I will be ordering tempered glass blanks for my classic Stern production mid month. I have PETG cut for Monday Night Football size available for sale.

4 months later
    #48 4 years ago

What about EM backglass? I’m looking for the dimensions for a Williams Jubilee. thanks.

1 week later
    #49 4 years ago

... and I am looking for precise dimensions of Old Chicago (Bally 1976) Backglass. I can't seem to find it easily. Anyone can help here? Would it be 28.5” x 26.125” ?
    large full view (resized).jpglarge full view (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #50 3 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I have a few dimensions that are missing.

Caveman playfield glass is 43 1/8” x 24 5/8” x 3/16”

Alvin G head-to-head games like USA Football, Alvin G Soccer, and even Dinosaur Eggs playfield glass is 53 1/8” x 21” x 3/16”

—OZ

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-glass-sizes-backglass-sizes-request-for-measurements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.