Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zene10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Has anyone ever had a problem where the playfield glass screeches when you pull it out or put it in? I'm talking nails on the chalkboard, loud, and grating. I've cleaned the plastic channel under the side rails with novus, confirmed that there aren't any staples sticking through them on the inside of the channel, and confirmed there is nothing foreign in the channels. I've also cleaned the glass. Nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

The machine is a Split Second.

#2 3 years ago

I swapped the glass out with another machine and the problem follows the glass. So the problem isn't the machine.

#3 3 years ago

Probably the glass is a tad too big/not cut properly or the edges need to be sanded.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Probably the glass is a tad too big/not cut properly or the edges need to be sanded.

I thought about that too. The size seems to be right as it has the right amount of play in the channel. The edges could be the problem as they are a bit rough, although they are not too bad.

#5 3 years ago

I'd take a block of parafin wax and lightly rub the edge of the glass, top and bottom, not too far onto the glass surface. That should help.

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

Have you tried using la la?
That's when you repeatedly say LA LA REALLY loud as you push or pull the glass.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd take a block of parafin wax and lightly rub the edge of the glass, top and bottom, not too far onto the glass surface. That should help.
LTG : )

That did it! Thanks for the help guys.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Have you tried using la la?
That's when you repeatedly say LA LA REALLY loud as you push or pull the glass.

Ha! That's been my solution for a while actually. Problem is you just can't LA LA loud enough to block the nails on a chalkboard sound.

#9 3 years ago

I put Zerk fittings on all my machines and pump the hell out of the handle.

#10 3 years ago

I use the original invisiglass - I just don’t use glass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 199.95
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-glass-screeching?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.