Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mamushka
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160625_220006_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highspeed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have had my High Speed glass on and off, many, many times. The last few times, the glass is getting stuck on installation. Pushing it up is fine until about the last inch, then it appears to catch on the rear glass channel. I don't know why it started happening, nor how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

I tried to get a picture of the glass entering the channel.

IMG_20160625_220006_(resized).jpgIMG_20160625_220006_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Look at it closely when sliding the glass in. If the channel is down lower or up higher, see if you can bend it back into position.
    LTG : )

The glass seems to be hitting on the lower edge of the rear glass channel, the channel would have to come down. It doesn't seem to move at all.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Is the glass warped on one end? Is the rear glass retainer in the correct position (no loose screws)?

I don't believe the glass is warped, but I will check. I also have another glass I can swap.

I believe the rear glass retainer is tight and appears to be in the correct position, but I am not sure where the retaining screws are holding it.

#6 7 years ago

OK, swapped out glass with my P-B, same problem. Both glasses fit fine in P-B. P-B has a plastic rear channel and HS has a stainless steel one.

Found the screws that hold the rear channel in, they were secure. I tried to loosen and adjust the channel down, but no change.

The glass is just barely catching, like 1/32 or less. P-B and HS both got new glass about 2 years ago. I still had old original glass, so I tried it, went right in. It touched the lower channel guide as it slid in, but still went in smoothly.

The glass was purchased from BAA, turns out original glass has a slight bevel on the edge, new glass does not. That bevel allows it to slide into the channel, where as the square edge glass catches and the stainless steel channel has zero give.

Not sure where I'm going from here, old glass is all scratched up, new one won't go in.

I believe the new glass has been catching slightly since installation, but never caught bad enough to not go in. I still don't know why that has changed.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Try sanding both edges of the new glass, use 80 grit then 120 wrapped around a block of wood and wear rubber coated gloves so the glass doesn't slip out of your hands. Don't worry about taking to much off when sanding, just be careful and sand in a place where if it breaks you can easily clean it up. I've sanded the edges of pf glass because of sharpness and have had no problems.

Will give it a try, thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highspeed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-glass-getting-stuck?tu=highspeed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.