Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SDM0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN1421 (resized).JPG
DSCN1320 (resized).JPG
flipper playfield (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Have not seen in person, but trying to understand condition from pic. What is the white film? I have seen dirt on a playfield that takes that shape but not white. It isn't dust. Is it just so many scratches it looks white? Or faded? Or old wax that was not fully removed? The pin is a long way out for sale so trying to understand it before traveling. The soldiers at the bottom seem pretty worn out. What is you evaluation on the 1960s Gottlieb? Also, do they make parts for that 100pt rollover switch?

flipper playfield (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Hard to tell because the pic was taken with the glass on, but it looks pretty good.

#3 1 year ago

Looks like dust from worn/dried out rubbers.

#4 1 year ago

It could be wear from a damaged pitted ball. Would bet the same ball has been in the game since new. The playfield has never been polished/waxed. Look at the ball arch at the top it appears to have a ball groove in it. If it was dust, dust would be every where, no gap around the flippers and lower plastics.

Here is a photo of my Flying High, lots of wear, and dried out paint and finish. Looks similar to the OPs photo.
DSCN1320 (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Looks like dust from worn/dried out rubbers.

always trust Ken Layton

#6 1 year ago

I would agree with Darcy's evaluation. As for the 100 pts. rollover if you are referring to the area just under the N in fun it is actually a gobble hole. Not sure what they used to cover it. IPDB has a couple of nice playfield pictures for reference.

#7 1 year ago

I have a pin in progress with that type of white issue. When I touched it for the first time, it felt like fine sand. Basically, (on my pin) I think someone used a wax or similar a long time ago and then played the crap out of it. But never took care of it. The ball looked like hell too. I have some planking and lots of missing paint.

I vacuumed my playfield, Naphtha'd the whole thing and then used Novus 2. The areas that still had paint returned to an reasonable condition after I used Novus 2. The white is gone, but shine is way different compared to areas that didn't have the white residue. I'm doing some small touch up work and then waxing.

I also think someone used a spray wax before. I had over-spray on plastics and other areas of the playfield that should not have wax.

#8 1 year ago

Here is the photo after cleaning and a medium effort in polishing, then waxing the playfield. This fall, I might try a more aggressive polish. This time I was being over careful not to remove to much paint surface.

Zoom on the photo, the wear is still there, and with many chips in the blue section.
DSCN1421 (resized).JPG

#9 1 year ago

Good cleaning on Flying High! Thanks all for the ideas. Pics are difficult to go by... I am always amazed at how crappy pics can be when folks take pictures of their games... even the cheapest phone camera now days should be to capture a zoomable clear pic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 109.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside