Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by cfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Will a CPR Centaur playfield function in a Centaur II? Looking at buying a Centaur II which has a worn playfield. Besides the cabinet difference are other parts compatible?

#2 6 years ago

They playfields (and ROMs) were identical, as far as I was aware. Centaur II just used the leftover cabinets from Rapid Fire.

1 year later
#3 5 years ago

Except for the back glass, can a Centaur II be easily converted to the regular cabinet Centaur?

#4 5 years ago

Not exactly entirely true. I believe there were what four of those cabinets made?, and I'm pretty sure that everyone of them were different in there own little way. But I could be wrong. It would be neat to compare them all side by side.

John

#5 5 years ago

I think the mr. and mrs Pac Man cab is the same. The question was about converting a II to a regular centaur.
To convert you need to change the head and upper wiring harness. Also, the centaur cab has playfield hinges, not sure what’s in the centaur II cab. I’m know a few folks on here have done the conversion.

#6 5 years ago

yes there are only a few small differences in the wiring but since you are repopulating for a centaur2 you will be fine, before cpr i used to buy centaur2 and 8bd le games with good fields and transplant them, the good playfields, into ebd and centaurs

4 years later
#7 9 months ago

Instead of just transplanting a Centaur2 playfield to a new Centaur1 style cabinet, you can just do this conversion to the original Centaur2 Rapid Fire style cabinet...

and the electric conversion to a full size Centaur cabinet is fairly straightforward too. So no need for any Centaur 2 blues...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-compatibility-centaur-and-centaur-ii?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.