Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2932 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys. Just picked up a Party Animal restore. Did tear down today but I am worried about cleaning the playfield because of this warning stapled to the under side of the PF. Thoughts???

IMG_2932 (resized).JPGIMG_2932 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like they want you to use a little Novus 2 and then wax it but everybody will have their own technique. There's a thread on it...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#3 6 years ago

Don't use water. Don't use scouring powder or steel wool. Sounds like good advice to me.

#4 6 years ago

I usually do some simple green then some wax but I'm guessing just skip the simple green step?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I usually do some simple green then some wax but I'm guessing just skip the simple green step?

Checkout that vid guide, there are actually some differences based on the type of playfield--System 11 games vs later ones or whatever.

Having said that, in general, I usually spray Novus 1 on a rag and then do an initial wipe down with that, then take the more abrasive Novus 2 and go over any problem areas...then Novus 1 it lightly to get any residue...then a couple coats of carnuba wax.

Simple green seems like it would contain water...I use it to clean metal parts.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Checkout that vid guide, there are actually some differences based on the type of playfield--System 11 games vs later ones or whatever.
    Having said that, in general, I usually spray Novus 1 on a rag and then do an initial wipe down with that, then take the more abrasive Novus 2 and go over any problem areas...then Novus 1 it lightly to get any residue...then a couple coats of carnuba wax.
    Simple green seems like it would contain water...I use it to clean metal parts.

Same for us. Novus No1 then Novus no2. Only difference is we now fit Playfield protector. No carnuba wax any more.

#7 6 years ago

All the info in that note is everything anyone with basic knowledge would NOT do anyway. Some good advice has been given plus Vid's thread is all you need to know.

#8 6 years ago

I would not use Novus products on this era playfield. Simple Green is fine. Spray it on the rag, not the playfield. Then follow it up with wax.

#9 6 years ago

Do you guys dilute the Simple Green or just use it straight (including for modern playfields)?

#10 6 years ago

I use it straight, it doesn't take much to clean the surface.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks a lot everyone!

#12 6 years ago

Don't use Simple Green on that era playfield!!!! It contains water and soap, exactly what Bally was warning you NOT to use.

C'mon guys......

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't use Simple Green on that era playfield!!!! It contains water and soap, exactly what Bally was warning you NOT to use.
    C'mon guys......

Told you to read the guide! Busted!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-cleaning-warningbally?hl=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.