• 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0017119_300.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommi_gunn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

I tired everything and found Collinite #885 to be the best ($19 on amazon). Not too hard or thin. Easy to apply, doesn't make a mess. Doesn't stink up the room. Apply once every 3-4 months. The can will last forever. I'd toss out the balls and change out the main flipper rubbers (1-1/2" x 1/2) around the same time too, but that's just me. I wouldn't bother cleaning them, just replace the pair for $1. I would clean the main flipper bats though. It takes a min. You can pick up some ultra shiney balls at pinballlife for a $1.50 a pop.

Pick up a pack of white polishing cloths from autozone or checker.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-3-pcs-11-x-17-in-polishing-cloth/_/N-25zq?itemIdentifier=20959_0_0_

Fyi, unfortunately waxing the window is going to fog it up even more. It's something you can avoid. just saying.

Novus 2 for the playfield is bad advice imo, but I do recommend Nov 1 is for ramps and plastics. I'd stay away from #2 and #3 all together.
0017119_300.jpg0017119_300.jpg

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Thanks for all the advice. What is the secret to waxing and cleaning the playfield? Do I have to take the playfield apart and remove all ramps and mechanisms? This could be a nightmare right?

Just do a spot clean

Pull the glass. Throw away the balls and the main flipper rubbers. Apply wax to the main areas, especially the center playfield, center drain, outlanes if possible without making a mess. Hit the upper section without tearing anything apart. Let the wax dry for a min or two. Wipe it off with a new polish cloth. Circular motion. Fold it up, use different sides. Clean the inside of the ramps with some nov 1 and a different polish cloth. Put new flipper rubbers on. Wipe oil off the new balls with some paper towels and re-install the balls. Put the glass back on. Hit it with some windex. Do it again in 3 to 4 months.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. In your opinions, how many game plays before replacing flipper rubbers, balls, and cleaning ? I know it probably varies from machine to machine, but I'm simply looking for a point of reference. Thanks again !!
- Kevin

I do it between 400-500 games. That's about 3-4 months worth at my house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommi_gunn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-cleaning-and-waxing?tu=tommi_gunn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.