(Topic ID: 249868)

Playfield Bulk Buy - Best way to value, sell, etc.

By robertmee

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-09-44 (resized).png
    20190820_100407 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100040 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100653 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100040 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100132 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100412 (resized).jpg
    20190820_075421 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dc2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Any chance there's a de populated SW?

#13 4 years ago

I'd be interested in some 80's an 90's

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

That is the intent, but not even sure what "all of them" is yet, so trying to sort through, and will post them in batches in the coming days.
    Thanks to everyone that has replied...the information is helpful.

Awesome, I pmed you yesterday concerning. Both projects.and pf's

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I have probably handled more machines & sold more parts than 99.9% of the people who post here typically with great results. My biggest issue is age is working against me at this point in life and I really want to scale things back. Some people just don't seem to understand that and keep wanting to attack me over some BS from one of my warehouse deals a couple years ago.
    I doubt if you will find anyone in the hobby that works harder trying to get parts to people at a fair price and my customers tend to agree. So I really don't know what you are talking about with your comment and really don't care. Anyone who wants a background on me can easily see what I am about by looking at my thousands of feedbacks on eBay and the handful I have here. My eBay user is pinjunk just in case you don't believe me and want to see what people think of what I do!
    If OP wants some help I'll be happy to help him however I can. Otherwise I'll keep working 12 to 18 hours a day trying to help as many other people in the hobby as possible.

While we haven't had a completed deal yet, you've always answered my questions in a timely and respectful manner, and I can vouch for his eBay history, ive seen it, more than 3500 , with many loyal international customers, I've let the op know early on I would like to work a deal on several projects and a few pf's so we'll see ...

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

As a long-time internet seller, I can tell you that you will almost always get more money by parting things out..but it also takes a ton more time. I always do the math. If time is money and money is time (it is), then what is your time worth? How badly do you need the money?
    FWIW, Darren (aka DC2010) has offered to pick up and buy in bulk, as well as transport all items to buyers in his region (Texas). Money is always the issue in question, but that's a hard deal to beat.

Certainly be easier to do if I'm already halfway to NC as I will be in around a week

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is this an...Indecent Proposal?[quoted image]

Uhhhh what you talking about Willis?

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I think if someone on Pinside is looking to buy in bulk from this raid, they're going to flip it at a profit right away, making the collector that needs that hard to find part, playfield, etc. pay more for it.

I own 3 pins, I'm not flipping sh*t. I'm not a dealer, flipper, or even a hoarder, I'm trying to rebuild a collection lost to Arson.

Frankly at prices discussed there's no flip there anyway, even if a bulk buy happens they will go to several different collectors, not 1

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I have talked to OP via PM and he isn't interested in selling in bulk at this point according to what he told me. I have no interest in any of it - I already own way too much stuff for someone my age - but I offered to help him any way I could since I have years of experience with both bulk purchases & parting out machines.
    As I told him all I can do is give him suggestions but bottom line how he handles things is entirely up to him. The main thing I can't emphasize enough to Pinsiders here is deals like this are no easy task. EVERYONE seems to want a piece of it and sadly it drives the buyer (OP) INSANE. I have had it happen to me so often I don't even post when I make a deal anymore. People just take all the fun out of it by not leaving seller along for a minute so they can step back and process things. Everyone wants to have "first shot" at the stuff so people just keep pushing & pushing trying to "justify" why they are the ones that should be getting the stuff.
    Give the OP some time to figure it all out. Once he does there will be plenty for everyone.
    Enough said!

Why did you quote me? I won't comment further, as the op and myself have agreed to keep our conversation private.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dc2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-bulk-buy-best-way-to-value-sell-etc?tu=dc2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.