Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stashyboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My Williams Casanova is abt. 75 to 80 percent finished after a few months and is turning out to be a very nice game.
I checked the playfield angle and it has a 4 degree slope, is that abought right? Im thinking 6 degrees would be better. Im useing a carpenters angle finder and it shows 4 degrees slope the best I can tell.

#2 10 years ago

Depends on your flippers. Newer games have stronger flippers so 6 degrees or more is better.

You can always try it, and if you aren't happy with the shots, lower it back.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I believe it is correct what I've heard- that the factory angle is when the bottom of the cabinet is level. Or when all 4 levelers are equal on a level surface. Any setting different than that is arbitrary. Me? I like a bit faster play so I jack the back by about 1/2 inch.

#4 10 years ago

OK thanks, that sounds abought right, being new to this i`m learning a lot. I checked it again and it apears to be a 3.75 degree angle and the ball wants to hang around on the playfield longer than what I think is needed.
Sounds good i`ll go with a 5 degree angle and I bet thats good.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Rodney:

I checked it again and it apears to be a 3.75 degree angle and the ball wants to hang around on the playfield longer than what I think is needed.
Sounds good i`ll go with a 5 degree angle and I bet thats good.

If you haven't already, apply a generous coat of wax. A good coat of wax can make a huge difference on a game that old.

#6 10 years ago

My Atlantis is at 4% only because there are cupped inserts and not getting them hung on them. The only thing I am missing on this machine is the evil dump (no return wire) when you try to trap on the right flipper.
My Abra-Ca-Dabra is at a 3.7% slope and I may lower it to 3.5%. I need to have it a few more weeks before I decide what slope I like best. Others will chime in. If others have a slope they like on their Abra then I would be most greatful to try them out. I just did a full shop and putting the posts and rubbers back on as I type this.

#7 10 years ago

What ever angle you can handle!

#8 10 years ago

I don't really pay attention to the angle. I just keep tipping it up until it feels right.

#9 10 years ago

I haven't measured the angle on mine, but I know it's pretty steep. Maybe 5%. I use 2" levelers on the front legs turned all the way in with slight adjustment for side to side leveling. The back legs have 3" levelers turned about 1" in, again with side to side leveling. This is with Varathane and all inserts leveled (and flippers rebuilt+high tap). needless to say, there can be short ball times, but plays pretty fast at times. You really need your coffee before you get behind the wheel!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-angle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.