7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by NY2Colorado
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Just saw someone leave a game of Addams Family on the first ball on our internet camera. Seriously, you'd think she would at least like to get her 50c worth! But I have heard leaving a game is bad on the "hold circuit" (I'm guessing this is the blanking circuit). But if you stop and think about it, these machines are designed for use and abuse. I'm amazed and glad that our TAF is still going after 20 years, and we bought it used!

#2 7 years ago

Maybe she doesn't understand you get more than one ball?

#3 7 years ago

That does not hurt anything..

Jim

#4 7 years ago

I think she had a "bigger and better deal" waiting for her, the pin was something to kill some time
    till she could get her freak on.

#5 7 years ago

This annoys me when I go to arcades (free credits even worse), because I think maybe someone is still playing and they just went to grab a beer or something. I don't wanna be playing, and then some person going "hey! I was playing that game!" It's not uncommon to go to gameworks in schaumburg and have 10 credits in it (probably an op that forgot to reset it and just doesn't care). I sometimes take them, but I usually add my credit anyway.

#7 7 years ago

I seem to always find half credits in the machine, probly by a someone thinking it is only a quarter to play.

#8 7 years ago

I seem to always do this on FH. Not sure why but that game is just super easy for me and I always keep popping freebee's at the local arcade. After 2 or 3 free games I'll generally get bored and walk away with a credit left on it. Thought I was being nice by doing this but from what it sounds like that is poor pinball etiquette.

Funny thing is that I'm not that good a pinball. This and TOTAN are the only pins I can pop a game at will. Very wierd.

#9 7 years ago

maybe she had to... "go".

#10 7 years ago

How would it hurt something haha...your crazy man..

#11 7 years ago

not bad etiquette. Rules are if you leave the game, don't expect your credits to be there when you get back. I would just take a peek around, if no one looks like they were playing I'll gladly grab the free game.

On the other hand. I could see that just wanting to avoid the confrontation of some puffy noob would make you hesitate.

#12 7 years ago

Recently, I found two games in the wild (A BSD [$.50 a play] and a JP [$.25 a play]). I played the BSD first and then went over to the JP and realized there was one credit on the game still. I gladly played considering that the place was empty. I figured a credit was left on the game because somebody assumed that the JP cost the same to play as the BSD.
    On a different day, I went back to the same location and put a quarter in JP to play and it took roughly 3 min for the game to actually start because of a ball search(One Ball Missing).[There is a ball stuck between habitrail and a pop bumper.] It makes more sense now why a player would walk away.

#13 7 years ago

I've walked away when I've been on a time budget. I used to play TSPP on my lunchbreak, I'd put in a play, if I got the replay and a match, suddenly I was out of time. I'd leave it on there and walk away. I set some kids up with a few games when they were watching me, that's the ideal situation, get some young kids in for free - it's the same thing they do with crack.

#14 7 years ago

use to do that with the add-a-ball machines back in the day , would have a good game and leave balls left on the game for someone to play for free. ( jungle king, gold strike, etc. )

#15 7 years ago

I always try to "Pay it Forward" and leave the credits for the next person.
    You never know who will catch the bug next...

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've walked away when I've been on a time budget. I used to play TSPP on my lunchbreak, I'd put in a play, if I got the replay and a match, suddenly I was out of time. I'd leave it on there and walk away. I set some kids up with a few games when they were watching me, that's the ideal situation, get some young kids in for free - it's the same thing they do with crack.

LOL, Yea if you can pass a game on to someone who might not have put a few quarters in is ideal, specially kids.

#17 7 years ago

I leave credits sometimes and I play left credits sometimes, I figure it roughly evens out. I have also never been mistaken about a machine being used and I accidentally steal someone else's credit. But I always figured that if I did, I would just repay the fee, no big deal.

#18 7 years ago

I think some of you are misunderstanding. I'm talking about starting a game then leaving DURING the game, as in with the ball sitting in the shooter lane. Would a game just wait for a plunge indefinitely or is there an inactivity timer which ends the game after so long?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I think some of you are misunderstanding. I'm talking about starting a game then leaving DURING the game, as in with the ball sitting in the shooter lane. Would a game just wait for a plunge indefinitely or is there an inactivity timer which ends the game after so long?

No, it will sit there forever. At both Playland and PPM, it's pay one price and all the games are on free play. It's extremely common for players to play a ball or two and then abandon the game. I'll plunge or cycle games if I'm playing next to one and the audio is annoying.

#20 7 years ago

Crashdance22: Some of the older Bally games did that. Spectrum comes to mind. *ball kick out the shooter column* "You're taking too long!" This is also the game that tells you to "Get a clue!" though that actually pertains to the game and not the player.

Yeah, I thought this thread was about like at gameroom shows where people would just walk off in the middle of a game. Bugs the hell out of me. The Eddie Murphys are annoying too (people who play 4-player games by themselves). Kids who think repeatedly pressing the Start button gives them lots of points, even when you try to explain how the games work. Flipper slammers (I don't mean the players who do slap shots or combo nudge/flips, I mean the people who slam both flipper buttons repeatedly throughout the whole game even when the ball isn't anywhere near them).

On the other hand, I too have had to leave credits on games (most often because I was running out of lunch time), but that works both ways. Sometimes I find a credit on a game and play that. Often I leave the resulting replay (if I get one) for the next player.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm talking about starting a game then leaving DURING the game, as in with the ball sitting in the shooter lane. Would a game just wait for a plunge indefinitely or is there an inactivity timer which ends the game after so long?

First, it won't hurt anything with the ball sitting there.

Stern has a "Timed Plunger" option from 15 seconds to 1 minute. The default is for it to be turned off. So if Timed Plunger is set, the ball will autoplunge and eventually end the game.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Flipper slammers (I don't mean the players who do slap shots or combo nudge/flips, I mean the people who slam both flipper buttons repeatedly throughout the whole game even when the ball isn't anywhere near them).

Kids do that a LOT!!! I wish I could tell them to use one flipper when the ball's coming down, but their parents are probably nearby and no one wants to get yelled at for giving kids advise.

#23 7 years ago

If I'm playing on location where replay scores are can be pretty low I'll almost always have to leave a credit or two behind. I usually try and mention to someone nearby that I'm done and to feel free to play the rest of the credits.

Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Flipper slammers (I don't mean the players who do slap shots or combo nudge/flips, I mean the people who slam both flipper buttons repeatedly throughout the whole game even when the ball isn't anywhere near them).

I'm proud to say that my kids know how to play a pinball machine properly. In fact my 5 year old isn't a half bad player. He knows how to trap the ball, take backhand shots, slap save. In a few more years I suspect I'll be having to work to keep up with him!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Kids do that a LOT!!! I wish I could tell them to use one flipper when the ball's coming down, but their parents are probably nearby and no one wants to get yelled at for giving kids advise.

My kids did this at first, but now they play like pro's..no coaching they work it out themselves. Their only annoying habbit now is pushing 4 players, and leaving half way through a game. WCS is particularly annoying because it leaves the soccer ball spinning.

#25 7 years ago

The Shadow starts yelling at you if you take to long. STOP IT.....YOU ARE BORING ME.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I always try to "Pay it Forward" and leave the credits for the next person.
    You never know who will catch the bug next...

This...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 15.00
    $ 27.50
    $ 218.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside