(Topic ID: 48273)

players condition definition?

By tp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2039 (Medium) (resized).JPG

#1 10 years ago

excuse my ignorance .

#2 10 years ago

Plays good doesn't look like new. Wear and tear that doesn't effect game play.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, plays all the way, but cosmetics not perfect. Peoples definition varies, but it has to play correctly, no broken features. The cosmetic definition ranges from a little wear at high traffic areas, to totally blown out playfield.

#4 10 years ago

The condition that I love to buy.

Everything should be there, no missing parts. Plastics might be cracked. Wear around inserts. Cabinet can be somewhat to very rough ("Was this whipped with tire chains?" is a question I might be asking the seller.)

It is the condition you would find many of the pins in if you went to a random arcade/bar in the 1980's and 1990's. A game that you can play a full and enjoyable game on without any problems, but it may not be much to look at.

3 years later
    #5 7 years ago

I know this post is old but it was nice to find, especially for someone getting back into the hobby after 15 years and trying to get a handle on all the new terms.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

I know this post is old but it was nice to find, especially for someone getting back into the hobby after 15 years and trying to get a handle on all the new terms.

Welcome back , hope you enjoyed your detour.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

Good luck but to be honest the terms are fluff and meaningless.

Player's Condition can be anything from blown out, near 0 artwork on the cabinet, water damage, planking, massive wear on the playfield, ie an eyesore that is barely playable due to broken parts to a pretty nice original machine. Everyone views it differently and its a worthless term.

HUO, means the person *thinks* it was never on route. Doesn't mean it was well maintained. Can still have pf wear, can still be planked, faded, etc. It is also a worthless term.

Best bet is to learn what to look for in terms of condition and ignore terms.

#8 7 years ago

See there ya go.....there's another....."planking" ?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

that's when a pinball hobbyist lies down on top of a game, in order to determine whether it has plate glass or tempered.

#10 7 years ago

I was wondering if that would start a new fad or not

#11 7 years ago

Player's Condition definition: Worn out turd that barely functions and looks like ass. I keed I keed

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

When a machine is not kept in a temperature enviroment the expansion and contraction of the wood can cause verticle lines to appear in the wood. This will split through the paint and clearcoat. It can happen to a cabinet or playfield. The *fix* would be to repaint the whole thing so it hurts the value quite a bit.

#13 7 years ago

This is what I call a "player" condition pin. My High hand was a real beater, planked wore out playfield, burnt wiring, trashed cabinet, flaking backglass, etc, etc... but I wanted to play it & get some repair experience. I did not really care about playfield paint, I just wanted a pin that worked 100% & looked ok in my game room.
    I fixed mechanicals, Painted cab, triple thicked backglass to prevent more paint loss, & just cleaned & 2-pac cleared playfield with spraymax 2000 rattle cans. Turned out just as I had hoped & if I decide to touch up the playfield later I can do so & just clear over it again.
    IMG_2039 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_2039 (Medium) (resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

I don't think we can really make an informed decision until the black knight weighs in...

These terms are all arbitrary anyway. I like the term "survivor condition".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/players-condition-definition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.