You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Little-Joe-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Little-Joe-Work-05 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

Problem with my bally little joe if playing a four players game , no problem .
But if trying to do two player game following happens. Playing first ball ok and point given to player one. After loosing the ball machine switch to player two and point given two player two. After loosing the ball , the machine does not switch back to player one as it should be, but goes to player three and the point are going to player three. Etc etc.
Please let me know where to look at
Albert

#2 4 years ago

Hi Albert- Check this, from the manual:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 4 years ago

Clean de wiper units of the coin and player unit, and when you are doing that also clean the ball in play.

Most of the times those units are dirty preventing current to go through the contacts.
That is mostly the main reason for the unit to step up above the players selected stopping on player four and then adding the ball in play.

disassemble the wipers from the disc, keeping the stepper against the frame otherwise it will come lose and snap off the spring on that end.

Use a degreaser or copper cleaner for disc AND wiper fingers, after that a drop of light oil on a piece of rag and on the disc, reassemble, set and reset it a few times manually.

Put the machine on and see what happens.

If that doen do the trick, check if the "player reset" relay pulls in after the selected player, maybe that needs adjusting then.

#4 4 years ago

Hi Lambecka
I agree with wizardblom - post-3 --- but before taking units apart I would check for "broken-off wire" (Coin-Unit, Player-Unit) - see the JPG "my red / orange lines".

I do some theory --- how would YOU implement the stepping on balls / players in a Four-Player-Pin ? Gottlieb invented the Gottlieb solution, Bally and Williams have the same (Bally-Williams) solution. See the JPG - (the ball lost makes the Outhole-Relay to pull-in, this makes (among other switches to actuate) the motor to do a turn of 180 degrees) - FIRST by closing "my A1 switch" a shot of electricity is fired towards the Ball-Count-Step-up-Coil, SECOND (shortly after A1) another shot "my B1" is fired towards the Player-Unit - either reaching Player-UP-Coil or reaching Player-RESET-Coil (reaching !!! one of them).
The first shot through "my A1" eventually reaches "my ev.A2" - or does not reach "my ev.A2".
- If (if, if) it reaches "my ev.A2" - then "my ev.A3, ev.A4, ev.A5" happens - the Player-Reset-Relay pulls and pulls - and as it is pulling: "encircled red switch in the JPG" is moved --- "my B1, B2a" happens.
- IF (if, if) it does not reach "my A2" then the Player-Reset-Relay is not made pulling --- "my B1, B2b" happens.

Lambecka - You did not write about a ONE-Player-Game --- so I drew some lines in the JPG "as orange lines".
Check for broken-off wires at Coin-Unit / Player-Unit --- check the mentioned (post-2) stuff. Greetings Rolf

0Little-Joe-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Little-Joe-Work-05 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Rolf, difficult to find this failure.
You were asking for one playergame,
Oneplayer game playing firts ball and when loosing the bal the playerup unit switch faulty to player two and playing bal two the point are going to player two. When loosing the ball , playerup unit switch back to player one and bal three can be played, and when loosing the bal the machine goes in game over.
In all other multiplayer games as 2,3 or four players, the playerup units steps up faulty now and then.
Note: problem is not always, so sometimes you can play without any any failure

#6 4 years ago

so in fact its in all cases after loosing the first ball, sometimes it does not reset the player unit.
To explain in a one player game after loosing the first ball
In a two player game after player two loosing the first ball it steps to player three
In a three player game after player three loose the first ball it steps to player four
In a four player game after player four loose the first ball it stays on player four and not reset to one.
Note that some times it works perfect. Must be a switch that need to adjust, but wich??

#7 4 years ago

Youe allready cleaned the units?...
Did you check the allignment of the contacts on the discs?

#8 4 years ago

Checked allignment, checked all solders disassembeld and cleaned both units
But still problem remains

#9 4 years ago

Hi Albert
"sometimes happening faults" are non-pleasing faults. When the pin is an Williams or Bally 4-Player-Pin and the sometimes fault is "sometimes faulty stepping on Players / Ball": I then like to try to fix the "ONE-Player-Game stepping" as a ONE-Player-Game is the least complicated game. I also like to use an Test-Light for "sometimes faults".
Look at the JPG, on the right part I drew "brown lines, wires" --- electrically its the same as on the left part on the JPG - You would have to look up in Your pin for "real" wiring.
I want You to play for a while only ONE-Player-Games - see on the left part of the JPG "my red X", unsolder or cut wire-O-W from the middle blade on the Make-and-Brake-Switch on Player-Reset-Relay --- OR YOU sneak-in an stripe of paper into the Normally-Closed part of the switch. I do not want the Player-Unit to be stepped up - I don't mind about Player-Unit resetted. You may sneak-in a stripe of paper also into the Normally-Open part of this switch.
Then play many ONE-Player-Games, on every ball given make some points so the Ball-Index-Relay pulls-in and stays pulling. The big question is: Does the pin ALWAYS steps-up on the ball ? Or sometimes (faulty) not stepping ? --- Play many games - use the pin for the moment as an SINGLE-Player-Pin.

220VAC-Test-Light: Is the Line-Current in the Netherlands 220 (to maybe up to 240) VAC ? Do You have an old bedroom lamp (2 prong or 3 prong) - with oldfashioned, cheap, Edison-style bulb (NOT: Neon-Bulb, NOT: LED-Bulb, just a bulb like we were using in the 1960ies, 1970ies, 1980ies) --- Write about. (((The problem is: Making a Test-Light using 12Volt cheap car bulbs means mounting FOUR bulbs one behind the other --- FOUR 12Volt bulbs for ONE 48VAC-Test-Light, hmm --- so I would like to try to use an cheap, Edison-style bedroom light for a Test-Light)))
Greetings Rolf

0Little-Joe-Work-06 (resized).jpg0Little-Joe-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Rolf,
Will take me a while to,check this one out, because just planned for a 10 days holiday because there is more in live then only em pins.
But for sure will let you know the result
Albert

#11 4 years ago

Hi Albert
enjoy Your holidays --- no problem, we work on the pins when we have time and lust. Greetings Rolf

3 weeks later
#12 4 years ago

Rolf just to let you know, the problem solved.
After some test as described in hour reply #9 and again looking in detail to the scheme found out that te problem was in the EOS switch of the ballcoint unit. Visual they worked fine , but by jumpering found the problem and machine runs without problem
Thanks for the suppport

Albert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-unit-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.