6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi
the manuals of the rather modern Gottlieb 4 Player Games have on the back cover (always the same) a drawing of the Player-Unit. I copied "Royal Flush" - squeezed a bit and added (mirrored) the ratched and cams (see the JPG, lower left corner). I have started a game for one player - reset is done and the ball is kicked-out ready for the Player-1 to play the first ball - means the Player-Unit is in Home-Position is Position-Zero. I stand in the back of the Backbox and look towards the player - look along the axis of the Player-Unit and see: Cam-1 lifts its switchstack (for Player-1) and Cam-5 with its only, single tooth lifts its switchstack - Home-Position. Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-01 (resized).jpg

9 months later
#2 5 years ago

Hi
I show the JPG again with drawn red lines - we see that the first tooth on cam-1 lifts the switchstack on cam-1 AND the one and only tooth on cam-5 lifts the switchstack on cam-5. When we do a step (clockwise): The switchstack on cam-1 moves downward because the cam turns and the tooth moves away --- the switchstack on cam-5 moves downward because the cam turns and the tooth moves away - and doing that step: The turning cam-2 brings its (first) tooth into position - the tooth lifts its switchstack.
When a tooth on cam-1 lifts its switchstack: Player-1 shall play / is playing --- When a tooth on cam-2 lifts its switchstack: Player-2 shall play / is playing etc.
The one and only tooth on cam-5 is there to tell everybody "You have started a new game, reset is done, Player-Unit has stepped so we can have Player-1 plays (his) first ball. This position is called Home-Position is also called Position-ZERO. So:
Pos-Zero is Player-1 plays Ball-1
Pos-1 is Player-2 plays Ball-1
Pos-2 is Player-3 plays Ball-1
Pos-3 is Player-4 plays Ball-1
Pos-4 is Player-1 plays Ball-2
Pos-5 is Player-2 plays Ball-2 etc.
Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Royal-Flush-Player-Unit-Work-02 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#4 3 years ago

Hi GVONM
I am sorry - I do not understand Your question. Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2539&picno=10660 we see a FOUR-Player-Player-Unit, here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2589&picno=11656 we see a TWO-Player-Player-Unit. The bakelite arm rotates during play - rivets on the bakelite ground plate sometimes get connected.
We can see here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2589&picno=11656 on top / above the Player-Unit several switch-stacks --- see my JPG in post-1 or post-2, lower right corner: Right to left "Steel-Ratchet, Nylon-Cam, Cam, Cam, Cam, Cam". On top of each cam sits a switchstack. The (JPGs, clockwise) Stepping one Step makes Switchstack-on-Cam-1 to de-actuate and at the same time, same step makes Switchstack-on-Cam-2 to actuate etc - so switches do close/opn or open/close.

I have never taken apart axle, cams, steel ratchet and mounted / put together afterwards --- there are some informations on the page in each original manual (Insert in holes indicated).

Maybe You must ask again - using other words. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-unit-gottlieb-4-player-game-royal-flush?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.