(Topic ID: 113908)

Player profiles - Which button combos to use?

By gstellenberg

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

- Remove a player from the game: <hold both flippers, press and release start button>

So, does this require a knee to press the start button if both hands are holding down the flippers?

I only ask because this sounds like it might get a bit... interesting ...if others are watching you play twister <--(not that Twister, this Twister: http://tinyurl.com/phm9wn6 ) on your pinball machine. With the six "flipper" buttons on the P3, maybe those could act as some sort of menu/mode/toggle/etc buttons. While that may be overkill for the average newcomer, I can imagine an unobtrusive instruction on the attract mode, something like, "Press both red buttons to access player profile menu," or something to that effect.

I understand and respect your effort to develop some sort of a consistent navigation architecture across platforms. Your diplomacy is admirable, Gerry. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd just use the P3 platform to it's fullest extent and not restrict yourself to a 3 button model (2 flippers and a start button) when you effectively have 8 (6 flipper, start, and launch). As you've said in many interviews and panel presentations, it's time to innovate.

I'd be interested to hear other players' opinions on this as well.

Best of luck as you move forward, Gerry!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-profiles-which-button-combos-to-use?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.