(Topic ID: 71)

Player 2 not scoring

By stingray4me

15 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 15 years ago

My Sound Stage EM game by Chicago Coin has a problem that I can press the credit button & it will light up the 2nd player light & after I play player 1 ball the light does change to player 2 but it keeps scoring on player 1. & also recently it stays on ball 1 unless I press the selenoid in the back of the game to manually advance it. I don't have a wiring diagram just the few papers in the cabinet. The relays & selonods are marked. They look ok but I guess I gotta look at them more & carefully clean them without bending anything. See video of game on my post about outhole not working.

1 week later
#2 14 years ago

I fixed the player 2 scoring today. The way I figured it out was, if you put a 9v battery at the relay it would operate it. The relay wasn't getting power to close so player 2 score would register. I followed the wire down to the connector that disconnects all the wires to the back box & found that the wire was open at the connector, so I put a jumper wire in & that cured the problem !!! Now the only problem the game has is the A-F target lights are not coming on. I checked out all the connectors today & wiring & bulbs. If I barely touch any target I can get the light to come on & the mini relay goes wild buzzing. I also checked each mini relay with the onboard relay checker & they are all good.

#3 14 years ago

The more I look at that machine (IPD) the more I like it Stingray4me,
how does a CCM compaire to other EMs? Maybe I should take a chance and get one?
If I was going to keep it I'd get a manual for it - it just makes trouble shooting less difficult -but I'm sure you will have that game up and running soon, good luck
http://www.marcospecialties.com/storeitems.asp?txtkey=sound+stage

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-2-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.