Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Pinhead76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

On my Bally Old Chicago, the player 2 lite doesn't come on. Not the player up lite, but the one that tells how many players per that game. The bulb is good. Checked the voltage at the post and no voltage there. The schematics show that wire going to the COIN UNIT DISC. Where exactly is that? I'm positive I'm not getting voltage from there. Thanks!

#2 14 years ago

Follow the wire and check it for a connection at every point/junction/contact it makes. Do you have a multi-tester with a continuity test built in? Most do. Also check for a good ground at the bulb socket.

#3 14 years ago

There's a good ground and I can't follow it without cutting alot of wire bundles. If i knew where the coin unit disc was I'd check the voltage there. thanks

#4 14 years ago

is it the #2 on the bg. in the 2nd player or the lighting in the 2nd player score box?
-check the 'ball index' relay
try jumping the contacts with the blade of a screw driver (when game is in 2nd ply. pos.)
of the SWs and see if it now lights
-may be hard if the relay has two levels of contacts Hope this helps

#5 14 years ago

"There's a good ground and I can't follow it without cutting alot of wire bundles. If i knew where the coin unit disc was I'd check the voltage there. thanks"

This is a guess, but I think the "coin unit disk" sends a signal to a chip ever time you put a quarter in (in pay mode) or every time you push the credit button (in free play mode). There for being connected to all the player lights, so testing from there wont do any good, it still powers or tells programing to power the other 3 player lights.

From the termolgy being used I'm also guessing the "coin unit disk" is on the coin door. Look and see if any of the wires connected to the coin door match the color of the wire coming from the non-working light. Again, just guessing.

#6 14 years ago

The coin unit will be on the relay board inside the cabinet -a reset stepper motor,
the only thing bigger then it will be the score motor -should be tagged
however if the ID is off you can go by the coil #s on the wiring diagram to confirm.

#7 14 years ago

Well I fixed the problem entirely by accident. It turns out my Delay bulb was out. I replaced it and player 2 lite works all the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-2-lite-doesnt-come-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.