(Topic ID: 8436)

Player 1 receives extra balls

By Pinballin

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

During multiple player games player 1 gets extra balls. After nearly every turn. During single player games its seems to behave normally. This is a 1977 EM Sonic Prospector.

#2 12 years ago

Well then I'll be player #1 every time! Does this happen to player #1 while player #2 is playing?

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

Does this happen to player #1 while player #2 is playing?

How can player one get an extra ball when player 2 is playing? Wouldn't that give player 2 an extra ball?

#4 12 years ago

Any time you select more than 1 player it will happen. By the end of the 5 ball game, player one will have had probably 10 balls to any other player's 5.

#5 12 years ago

Stuck switch, bad coil and or dirty mechanism. Think of whats happening in a sequence of actions for this issue.

#6 12 years ago

Well not sure about Sonic EMs
I would look at the outhole relay 1st
sometimes when the switch gap is too close it wont give a stepper unit enough time to step up.
that being said also manually step up that unit (I like to do it with power off)and make sure it operates fast and smooth. too little spring pressure can give a slight hesitation as well as a too tight a spring but usually a tight spring will show itself in ball 3 or 5.
hope this helps you some Pinballin - welcome to Pinside Forum

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-1-receives-extra-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.