0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-01 (resized).jpg
77E533B2-9733-4278-8564-2749336EAE14 (resized).jpeg
Pinball (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

Following strange thing happens in my gottlieb jungle
Playing game with 2,3 or 4 players everything is fine no problem.
Starting game for one player following happens. Shooting first ball and points gathered are going to score reel 1, when launching second ball lights switch over to score reel player two and point going to that score reel. Launching ball three lights swith back to score reel player one and point are going to tha score reel. After that game over. Machine is on a three ball game

#2 6 years ago

When playing a one player game, the Add Player unit coil should activate 4 times every time the ball drains. If not, have a look at this circuit.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

When playing a one player game, the Add Player unit coil should activate 4 times every time the ball drains. If not, have a look at this circuit.

Howard, it activates four times after draining ball two, but draining ball one it only goes one and lights player two.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Howard, it activates four times after draining ball two, but draining ball one it only goes one and lights player two.

Quoted from HowardR:

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Howard,
Problem is i do not have any schematic or manuals from this machine, but ive checked the circuit as you mentioned and cleaned the player unit. Problem solved
Thanks

#6 6 years ago

Glad I could help

Quoted from Lambecka:

i do not have any schematic or manuals from this machine

If you're going to do this kind of work, at least get the schematic.

#7 6 years ago

Please check as resolved

#8 6 years ago

Sorry guys i was in the understanding problem was solved, but after cleaning contacts of add player unit it changed into following:
Stil when playing multiple players game no problem at all
But playing one player game its steps now five times after playing ball one so ends up that player two light starts and points goes to,player two., third ball is back on one and ends the three balls game.
So, before,its,steps two player two in one step and now,same but it steps five times

#9 6 years ago

The new problem is in the circuit I posted above.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The new problem is in the circuit I posted above.

Howard,
Understand, makes it difficult that circuit works, its only one step too much, for some reason the player unit goes too far, so must be one of the contacts of that unit.
Will try to clean/grind

#11 6 years ago

Hi Lambecka
look here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wont-start-new-game#post-4078734 - look ONLY at the JPG and the small picture in the JPG --- the green line is an extension of "Switchstack actuated - on the black, fifth cam". You start a game and after resetting the ball is kicked over to the shooter-alley.By now - DOES cam-5 actuate / lift its switchstack ? If "Yes": The pin is in Home-Position - also called Position-Zero. And now look at the switchstack on the second "white Nylon cam (cam-2)" - on the stack count from the center outbound: Switch-A, -B, C, D, E, F, G --- "Switch on cam-2 - the G-Switch" is in HowardR 's schematics (post-2): "Switch P2G" with wire-slate-mingled-with-black, wire-white-green --- IS THIS SWITCH (by now, pin has reached Home-Position) TRUELY open ?

When You get ball three, the last ball in a ONE-Player-Game - DOES the Double-Bonus-Light on the Playfield between the flipper-bats lights-up ? Greetings Rolf

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Lambecka
look here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wont-start-new-game#post-4078734 - look ONLY at the JPG and the small picture in the JPG --- the green line is an extension of "Switchstack actuated - on the black, fifth cam". You start a game and after resetting the ball is kicked over to the shooter-alley.By now - DOES cam-5 actuate / lift its switchstack ? If "Yes": The pin is in Home-Position - also called Position-Zero. And now look at the switchstack on the second "white Nylon cam (cam-2)" - on the stack count from the center outbound: Switch-A, -B, C, D, E, F, G --- "Switch on cam-2 - the G-Switch" is in HowardR 's schematics (post-2): "Switch P2G" with wire-slate-mingled-with-black, wire-white-green --- IS THIS SWITCH (by now, pin has reached Home-Position) TRUELY open ?
When You get ball three, the last ball in a ONE-Player-Game - DOES the Double-Bonus-Light on the Playfield between the flipper-bats lights-up ? Greetings Rolf

Hi
I need to check, and need some time to do it, but the last sentence is can say yesthe double light bonus lights up everytime the last ball has passed,
What does,that mean???

#13 6 years ago

Hi Lambecka
I would like to wait until You checked the "P2G" switch - the following is somewhat a chat / history. You started Your topic - I did some thinking - HowardR wrote his post-2 - I agree with him. I would like to have back the problem You wrote about in post-1.

A topic was in discussion - do not read it as it is about a TWO-Player problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wont-start-new-game To the problem there I once was studying the schematics and was working on a post --- before I could post my writing: The OP reported his problem as solved --- (grumble) - I worked a bit on my text and created a "topic on its own" : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-activating-of-lb-double-bonus-relay-gottlieb-4-player-pin --- I believe (believe) that there is a difference in activating the "Double Bonus on last ball" - an 2,3,4-Player-Game is handled different than an ONE-Player-Game (?).

So I said to me "I do ask Lambecka about the activating of Double Bonus" - maybe I can use his answer - use for troubleshooting in "Lambecka's problem".

SteveFury made an excellent topic - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic and in post-52, 53, 54 !!! he shows stepping on an Gottlieb Player-Unit --- maybe I add on my newly started topic something alike - using the second , generic snippet.

I would like to wait until You checked the "P2G" switch - greetings Rolf

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Lambecka
I would like to wait until You checked the "P2G" switch - the following is somewhat a chat / history. You started Your topic - I did some thinking - HowardR wrote his post-2 - I agree with him. I would like to have back the problem You wrote about in post-1.
A topic was in discussion - do not read it as it is about a TWO-Player problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wont-start-new-game To the problem there I once was studying the schematics and was working on a post --- before I could post my writing: The OP reported his problem as solved --- (grumble) - I worked a bit on my text and created a "topic on its own" : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-activating-of-lb-double-bonus-relay-gottlieb-4-player-pin --- I believe (believe) that there is a difference in activating the "Double Bonus on last ball" - an 2,3,4-Player-Game is handled different than an ONE-Player-Game (?).
So I said to me "I do ask Lambecka about the activating of Double Bonus" - maybe I can use his answer - use for troubleshooting in "Lambecka's problem".
SteveFury made an excellent topic - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic and in post-52, 53, 54 !!! he shows stepping on an Gottlieb Player-Unit --- maybe I add on my newly started topic something alike - using the second , generic snippet.
I would like to wait until You checked the "P2G" switch - greetings Rolf

Rolf,
Here are my findings from this morning:
Started one player game and first ball is in the shooter alley
Position of the black disc switch stack is,lifted
Position of second disc top switch lifted to,close. See picture switch 1 closed. Switch numbered 2 lifted to open.
And confirm that when get last ball in one player game double bonus light between flippers lights up

77E533B2-9733-4278-8564-2749336EAE14 (resized).jpeg77E533B2-9733-4278-8564-2749336EAE14 (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

Hi Lambecka
I am not happy with Your picture in post-14. My "working hypothesis" for the problem is based on an assumption --- when the Pin is in Player-1-plays-Ball-1 and the ball ist lost --- withing a turn of the Score-Motor turning 120 Degrees (other words: one-third of a revolution): The faulty stepping FIVE times on the Player-Unit happens. --- Working Hypothesis "AAA - fault happens within a turn of 120 degrees" - Please tell me --- fault happens this (AAA) way --- OR THE FAULTY STEPPING FIVE TIMES is done BBB: Withing a turn of 240 degrees (two third of a revolution).

The following stuff is good when You have the AAA-fault. It is no good when You have the BBB-fault. Wen You happen to have the BBB-fault we must look at the P-Add-Player-Unit-RELAY.

I assume You have the AAA-fault. I stand behind my "Far Out" pin - I look at the Player-Unit as well as I look towards the Player. I see near me the Switchstack on CAM-1 and I see away from me the Switchstack on CAM-2 - see this in the first JPG (orientation). The second JPG is a part of the first JPG - my "green 1" is at a screw of switchstack-cam-1, my "green 2" is at a screw of switchstack-cam-2. An extension of my "green line" would go in between the blades "P2G" because the pin is in Home-Position (also called position-zero) - Player-1 is playing Ball-1 - so the "P2G" is open.

Much the same with the third and fourth JPG --- these show the pin stepped a step - the Player-Unit beeing in position-One - Player-2 plays Ball-1 - "P2G" is closed.

Your pin must have the same situation as shown in my JPGs 1,2,3,4.

The last JPG shows the situation in "Far Out" - I mirrowed a page from my manual and sqeezed it --- it shows the Player-Unit in Home-Position. We stand behind the Backbox and look towards the player and have near us the steel ratched - then cam-1, cam-2, cam-3, cam-4 and then the black cam-5 - it is closest to "wood-panel of the Backbox-Insert". Greetings Rolf

0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Far-Out-P2G-open-Work-02 (resized).jpg

0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Far-Out-P2G-closed-Work-02 (resized).jpg

0Far-Out-Player-Unit (resized).jpg0Far-Out-Player-Unit (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Rolf , problem solved, let me explain what i did
Followed your instructions, and found switch p2g closed in the home position.
According your instructions playing unit in position one, and i watched what happens with Cam 2, and switch P2G came up in closed position.
Back to home position and switch P2G still closed. Bended the switch a little up so it cam in the open position.
Started game an problem solved. Checked one player game and multiple player game and all are ok.
Only thing i noticed is that the double bonus lights up when playing ball three and in multiple game it stays lit if loosing ball and goes to,next player. It only lights with bal three.
Question, is this part of the game?. I suppose
Albert

#17 6 years ago

Hi Albert
great - You could solve the problem - please mark topic as "solved". Into Switzerland (my guess) maybe 95 to 99% of the pins imported were FOUR-Player-Pins. From topics here in pinside I have learned about "many ONE-Player pins have a better ruleset". Four-Player-Pins usually have (for every participating Player) ONE-Ball-Game(s) and One- and One- and One- and One- --- finally summing up (5 Balls per game mode). To pep-up a bit --- the manufacturers said "playing a competition - suspense - excitement": Every player gets on his last ball "Double Bonus" --- so with "four not so good balls" and an excellent fifth ball - MAXIMUM Bonus - DOUBLED: Still I can win ...

Your pin is functioning when every participating player gets Double-Bonus in them last balls. Greetings Rolf

#18 6 years ago

Rolf,
Thanks for very clear explanation and the extra info,given
Albert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 69.00
Tools
PinballReplacementParts
Tools
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/player-1-4-fault-in-gottlieb-jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.