Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by bigdaddy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20111021_163548[1].JPG
    #1 12 years ago

So I stoped into a local store today to pick up some LED's and low and behold a Transformers pin!!! I didn't even ask, I walked over there turned it on and played for about 20 minutes.

It looked like someone went to Walmart and bought a Hotwheel, two Transformers and super glue to make the playfield. The play was all right nice and open, good use of both flippers and movie sound effects but I guess I was looking for more.

It didnt really have anything that stood out to make it a top ten pin, all in all I give it a 7.5.

IMG_20111021_163548[1].JPGIMG_20111021_163548[1].JPG

#2 12 years ago

what shop was this at? PP?

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

It looked like someone went to Walmart and bought a Hotwheel, two Transformers and super glue to make the playfield

Love the description!

#4 12 years ago

Not getting a good vibe about the pin. Need to play it

#5 12 years ago

It's early to say, but from all the reviews coming in, it doesn't seem to be anything special. A buddy of mine who's giving a seminar at the Expo played it and said it's just "ok".

#6 12 years ago

How is this exactly a work-in-progress machine? It's popping up all over the place, and once those locations are fulfilled, who would want to turn around and buy the final version (other than collectors)?

#7 12 years ago

It reminds me of NF.

#8 12 years ago

I am at expo. I have played at Least 15 games on it so far. I feel I am liking more each time. Really wanting to see what the LE brings.

#9 12 years ago

I've only had about 5 games on it so far, but it has some fun shots. Still have to learn the rules before I make a decision. And I think it looks pretty good too (for a Stern).

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

So I stoped into a local store today

Where?

#11 12 years ago

I'm liking it still...

#12 12 years ago

To clarify, specifically what store? I definitely want to check this out...

#13 12 years ago

i wish i could 'goto a store' and buy LED's or any pinball parts. WHAT STORE?

#14 12 years ago

Played one at the expo today and I wasnt impressed. Not worth 6K!

#15 12 years ago

Mid American Dist. 61st and Grover (lower level or Socol building) Omaha

#16 12 years ago

They also had the collectors addition of RS.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Played one at the expo today and I wasnt impressed. Not worth 6K!

I have to agree

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Played one at the expo today and I wasn't impressed. Not worth 6K!

In all fairness, the version you played doesn't cost 6K. You can get the pro model for under $4,700. Based on what Gomez said the other day, the LE is going to be more different from the regular version than any previous LE has been.

I played TF about 20 times over the last three days. Unfortunately, they had the tilt set so tight that it was difficult to get a good game going. I thought it was pretty fun, but I don't think I would want to buy the pro model for that kind of money. The jury is still out on the LE. Overall, I liked the art package, but I thought the mode art on the playfield looked WAY too busy.

#19 12 years ago

I agree with Gweempose. Fun, need to play with a normal tilt setting. The art is busy for the modes. A little cluttered. However, I (changing my mind like the wind as usual) liked it enough to put my deposit down on the LE. I figure if I like the pro model then the LE should be even better according to Gomez. It really is a ton of fun to play. IMO anyway.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Overall, I liked the art package, but I thought the mode art on the playfield looked WAY too busy.

I agree coast, at least it is a tiny bit different than the traditional totem pole Stern usually delivers.
    I was hoping for a circular cluster (SM) or even an 'Allspark' cube design of some kind, just to break up the PF a little bit more.
    I guess it would ruin the whole "A Vs. D" symmetry.

#21 12 years ago

Somehow in my time at Expo I managed not to even play one of these. Guess that shows how much my interest has dwindled since it was originally announced...

I looked at one that they wheeled in for the Launch party while it was still turned off and like others have said the playfield art (especially in the mode areas) is a bit on the cluttered side. Cabinet art looks nice though! Looking at the playfield one can see that there are things "missing" that will be in the LE. The upper playfield being the most obvious of these. I like Stern games, but it really is a shame that the LE's are becoming the pins the game should be and the Pro models are watered down versions that cut out either core pieces of the theme (Tron) or gameplay (Transformers). Seems like a bit of an unfortunate trend...

But yeah, even though my two favorite pins are Gomez designs I didn't even feel compelled to fire TF up. Probably because it wasn't an LE. Why play 3/4 of the pin?

#22 12 years ago

Come on jarjar, any new pin is at least worth a shot especially with no quarters needed. It really is a very fun pin IMO.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Come on jarjar, any new pin is at least worth a shot especially with no quarters needed. It really is a very fun pin IMO.

I'm sure I would have played it, but Lost ended up keeping me far busier than I anticipated. Believe it or not I didn't even get to play my first game of pinball until 1:30AM this morning!!! It was on MM, so not all bad. LOL

The only time I saw TF up close it was shut off when they were wheeling them in for the launch party after the Spooky Pinball seminar took place. They didn't have them hooked up yet, but I got to take a look at it at least.

I'm sure I'll play it one of these days!

#24 12 years ago

Sorry I missed meeting you jarjar. My bad, I was so into playing as many games as I could before I had to leave. I had to leave in a hurry.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Sorry I missed meeting you jarjar. My bad, I was so into playing as many games as I could before I had to leave. I had to leave in a hurry.

No worries CG! Sounds like we were both pretty busy! Don't blame ya for wanting to play as many pins as possible.

There will be more shows in the future for sure. I did get to meet quite a few people from the forums which was a lot of fun. Always good to put faces to names and all that jazz.

#26 12 years ago

Played this last night at the Seattle Waterfront Arcade debut tournament last night.
    Not impressed.
    TRON is fast but at least you can see the ball coming and have a split-second to prepare. Transformers doesn't even give you that. Multiball is ridiculously hard to get, as are many of the shots. Could not keep the ball on the playfield for more than a minute on any ball.
    Not as bad as Big Butt Hunter, but not their best offering either.
    Looks like this would be a good time for Jersey Jack to make his debut!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Transformers doesn't even give you that. Multiball is ridiculously hard to get, as are many of the shots. Could not keep the ball on the playfield for more than a minute on any ball.

I couldn't disagree more but that is what is cool about this hobby. I played many games on it this weekend and most of the people around it said it was fun as well. Some games are brutal but like any other pin some last longer. I certainly can see why any collect the older titles only. I tend to like them all.

#28 12 years ago

I've been told since then that the particular table they set up for the tournament was obscenely sloped in comparison to the other Transformers pin they had set up for practice games.
    Even still, there's definitely a split in opinions from the Seattle players. This is gonna be one of those games you either really like or hate.

#29 12 years ago

There is now a TF Pro on location at the Silverball Room for anyone in St. Louis wondering about the game. The quality is much improved over Iron Man, it feels like a more solid machine. The Megatron mechanism spits the balls out in an exciting way and, IMO, not impossible to catch the balls. I found Megatron multiball fairly easy to achieve, lots going on in this game which includes excellent flow between two ramps and Optimus' opening. Does anyone feel the replay score threshold on the lower side at 12 million, I guess that encourages new players...

#30 12 years ago

Agreed LaughingOtter. I really did like it. I am really excited to get mine actually.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballthusiast:

Does anyone feel the replay score threshold on the lower side at 12 million, I guess that encourages new players...

That's just where it starts, the software will move up the replay score if the average score of the machine starts to climb. They all start out low from the factory.

#32 12 years ago

Silverball has a TF? Sweeeeet!!! I may have to get out there this weekend.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-transformers-and and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.