7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Deaconblooze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Okay, I've played it once or twice at a bash, and once at one of the auctions, but never really got into it. Today, found one in the wild and it had a free credit blinking on it, so why not?

Game was typical operator fare. Left flipper was so weak it wouldn't push ball above center of PF. Could barely get it to lower VUK. Upper left flipper and lower right flipper were great tho. Flaky PF switch somewhere as I could never get Skill shot. As soon as ball popped into shooter lane, DMD would report skill shot missed. Two of the three upper pops were dead.

So, even with those limitations, I really enjoyed the game. The right flipper to left ramp is such a smooth and satisfying shot. And since that was about all I could do, I raped it over and over. Would shoot the left ramp, bump the machine on the ball return to the left flipper, back over to the right flipper and repeat. I bet I hit that ramp 100 times, once about 25 times in a row. I did get some kind of multiball going with eventually 5 balls. I think I reached stage 4 according to the rules I just read, as I hit both jackpots twice then spelled TOMMY to light the super jackpots. But balls drained before I could hit the 500M shot. Then game kind of froze and went into a ball search before kicking one out.

I ended up winning 4 credits and beat the high score with a score of 1.5B. Not sure what a respectible score on TOMMY is but given the busted flipper I felt it was a pretty good game. Left the 4 credits for some kids hopefully to play.

Anyway, add another DE game to my list of games I wouldn't mind owning.

#2 7 years ago

I just fabricated your high score as mine and it indicated that 1.5 bil was 96% of the highest posted score on pinside. I would call that good.

#3 7 years ago

Is that what that % means? I've only posted two scores....6B on MSF which shows 100% and now the Tommy. That's cool to know. I posted a pic on my High Score profile for proof

EDIT....Ha, the reason it showed 97% for you is because my 1.55 beat your 1.5 My 1.55 shows 100%.

It would be nice to be able to click on the % and see all the posted scores for a machine.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

It would be nice to be able to click on the % and see all the posted scores for a machine.

+1

And, I did the right thing and dropped my un-played score.

Watched the WH2O how to video last night, I now have all of the high scores after owning it 1 day. That is the last time I watch a how to play unless I am competing. It took all of the fun of discovery out of the mix.

I have gone through 3 "easy" games in a month. You heard it here first, when PB22 finds me TS or AFM, WH2O is probably going back as trade bait. It is a real looker though. I hope he takes his time searching for them...

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, the how-to's are interesting to watch, but certainly can skew your game play. For example, I used to own ST:TNG and always went for things like BORG multiball, ferengi and Cardassian modes, etc. I watched the Bowen tutorial the other day, and half the modes he skips or holds the ball on the flipper to wait out as the risk/reward isn't there for pure point scoring. He basically does the Picard maneuver over and over for killer scores, but what fun is that?

#6 7 years ago

Wait, the percentage on my Tommy high score is over 100%. How is that possible?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I have gone through 3 "easy" games in a month. You heard it here first, when PB22 finds me TS or AFM, WH2O is probably going back as trade bait ...

I'd be happy to take that WH2O off your hands if you get bored of it before tatman's party, TG.

#8 7 years ago

Great game, and near the very top of my "want" list.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'd be happy to take that WH2O off your hands if you get bored of it before tatman's party, TG. []

Why are all the Wh20's in the midwest?! i've been pulling my hair out trying to find one!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Why are all the Wh20's in the midwest?! i've been pulling my hair out trying to find one!

You know how it goes. Whatever game you happen to be looking for at the time will show up everywhere but near you.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

WH2O is probably going back as trade bait.

I'd bite that hook T_G! Nom, nom, nom...
    I looked for you on the driveway the other night and you were magically, gone... I had my bags packed too!

#12 7 years ago

I actually played this in the wild tonight for the first time as well. It was in pretty decent playing condition, more than most on location, and certainly more so than the Back to the Future next to it. The game plays pretty well, and seems like it's real deep. I really do hate the sounds to the game, the "Extra, Extra!" drives me crazy, and so does pinball wizard playing on repeat...Am I the only one that hates this movie? I've never seen a movie try so hard. If I weren't a pinhead I would've turned it off, and it took all I had not to..

That's a bit off the subject, seems like a good game that I'd like more time with, bad theme.

#13 7 years ago

Did you guys play with the blinders coming out hiding the flippers? i also thought that would be cool to try.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Did you guys play with the blinders coming out hiding the flippers? i also thought that would be cool to try.

I thought about giving it a try, but I wasn't exactly scoring well enough to justify it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    $ 27.99
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside