(Topic ID: 253466)

Played Stern & JJP Games for the First Time...

By rgb635

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by rgb635
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

I have been a pinball fan since the late 70s. When the Williams era died I think a piece of me did as well and I kind of lost the intense pinball interest I had until about 13 years ago when I rediscovered the hobby. I then purchased my first machine Earthshaker which had made a lasting impression on me in 1989. I also have a Dr. Who, Genesis & TX Sector. I follow the industry closely but have never been to any shows or played any other games since the early years and my current collection. Well all that changed this past weekend when I Went to Orlando Florida with my wife. After dropping the kids off to see their aunt we decided to look for a bowling alley for a few strikes! During my google search I ran across the "Oviedo Bowling Center" in Oviedo Florida which also mentioned having a Pinball Lounge. I must say they had an impressive collection of about 30 games including all the latest Sterns, Jersey Jack, Chicago Gaming and of course several Williams classics and a few EMs. I played Jurrassic Park, Beatles, Black Knight SOR, Dead pool, Wonka, Dialed Inn, Fun House, Xenon, Medieval Madness and many others. I must admit I was a bit biased towards Stern and although I was generally impressed with several of their machines...I was blown away with JJPs build quality and game play! It felt like the Williams games so many of us grew up with on steroids. When I went back and looked at the Stern games I realize now why so many people question the price & quality vs JJPs attention to detail. Either way I had a great time and walked away with Dialed Inn leaving the best impression and Jurrassic Park a close runner up! I definitely see a JJP purchase in my future.

#2 4 months ago
Quoted from rgb635:

I must admit I was a bit biased towards Stern and although I was generally impressed with several of their machines...I was blown away with JJPs build quality and game play! It felt like the Williams games so many of us grew up with on steriods. When I went back and looked at the Stern games I realize now why so many people question the price & quality vs JJPs attention to detail. Either way I had a great time and walked away with Dialed Inn leaving the best impression and Jurrassic Park a close runner up! I definitely see a JJP purchase in my future.

It's kind of like putting in a big pinball parts order. Some PBR here, but you need some pinballlife a bit there, but of course some marco to top it off.

Good and bad on both sides. The point is the more the merrier!

#3 4 months ago

Lol thats a great way to put it!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside