(Topic ID: 58944)

Played Pirates of the Caribbean in the wild...

By Fatsquatch

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RDReynolds
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20130415_212150_114.jpg

#1 6 years ago

...and I really enjoyed it. (To be honest, I was expecting this machine to be somewhat of a turd, and was glad to discover that it wasn't at all. )

The game had a display that was crapping out, but otherwise was in really good shape and was fully working. I spent $20 on it over a couple days time (at 50 cents a play), and I'm thinking I wouldn't mind having one -- if the opportunity presented itself.

How does this machine hold up in the long run? How do you think it would fare amongst the other machines in my collection?

#2 6 years ago

I have one in my collection and it is a keeper. Tons of great mods if you're into it. Guests love it. Long ball times and great shots and callouts.

Most important thing - It was the last game that Stern went "all-out" with toys! The ship and chest are killer.

It would be great in your collection.

Jim

#3 6 years ago

aaargh! pirates rule!

IMG_20130415_212150_114.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Played one at a campground. Fun game. Seemed good for parties, etc.

#5 6 years ago

There's one in my town on location I play occasionally. I like it, great ball times and I can always sink the ship several times. It sits right next to a Stern Indiana Jones and I'll play Pirates 3-1 over Indy.

#6 6 years ago

That one I would love to have someday

#7 6 years ago

Not bad machine, not sure if it has the lastability of other machines

#8 6 years ago

I really like it. The kraken shot behind the ship is real cool, and I like the "mix master" Port Royal turn table and the inverted Jack the Monkey wireform. The art is nice too. It's a good looking game. I would like to pick one up someday.

#9 6 years ago

I'd love to have one too, I play it when ever I visit SS Billiards.

#10 6 years ago

Nice machine to play.Nothing spectacular.But solid for the price.

#11 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, what is the price range for PoTC in today's market?

#12 6 years ago

(Get one. Then eventually sell it to me.)

I've only played one when trying to fix the one that Dale loaned out to the Chatt Home Show, and it had a stuck ball so people were confused. I got it running, but it was so crowded I didn't even bother to try to actually play it. It sounded good and looked pretty, and I loved the "yo ho yo ho" whispy voice from the acutal ride when it started up. I think the price point is high on this one though, or at least more than I can afford. (Especially now that my mom found WOZ...)

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

(Get one. Then eventually sell it to me.)

I sure am thinking about it. Although, that means getting rid of something I have now. And while I'm apt to do that, I'm not entirely sure when it comes to Pirates.

Tricky, it is.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Out of curiosity, what is the price range for PoTC in today's market?

They are currently going from low 4's to 5.5K for HOU versions(Ebay being much more). With the theme they do command a high price....I am waiting on mine to ship, got it because my wife loves POTC....my 2 cents

#15 6 years ago

To me, pirates is lacking in the theme. Its supposed to be related to the movie, but besides the translite and a few pirate things, its not doing a good job in representing what it could have

#16 6 years ago

Great pin with major staying power imo. Jack da monkey kicks your ass!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

To me, pirates is lacking in the theme. Its supposed to be related to the movie, but besides the translite and a few pirate things, its not doing a good job in representing what it could have

It has active pirate ship and treasure chest toys!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I think the price point is high on this one though...

I can't help but feel that way, too.

I've got a line on a couple, but when I do the math and consider what I'd have to sell to pick either of them up, it just doesn't seem quite right.

My gut just says no...and obviously, I ALWAYS listen to my gut.

#19 6 years ago

Agreed. If it was $3K or so, I could probably talk mom into it. My sister went with us to Chatt Pin on Sat when mom was checking out the WOZ, and she played South Park and POTC. Then she asked how much POTC was. I just shook my head and told her to back away from it.

I am still loving my Gofers. Game count was 234 (in 6 years) when it arrived at my house a month ago and as of last night was 387. Poor gofers are out of retirement. So I am content for a bit, but will totally come sink a ship if you get one.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Not bad machine, not sure if it has the lastability of other machines

I think it has as much lastability as any stern... How much that is???

#21 6 years ago

The family loves POTC. Got it when it first came out. We are all Disney fans anyway.

#22 6 years ago

On my wish list. Solid game with great toys and rules.

#23 6 years ago

I think that POTC is an underrated game, very fun stuff, but I did sell mine. My extended family, folks who visit 2-3 times a year, were VERY unhappy when I did that, I can tell you that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Merrick, NY
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside