Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Spankey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I was going to get a Premium until Coasterguy was selling his LTBR. Luckily the window is not too bad as some I have seen. Either way you go, get one IMO.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know the flippers hate me for bringing this up...but some people just do not know the differences between Pro/Premium/LE. I'd hate to see someone spend $8500 on a BIB and THEN realize they could have had the same exact game with a better playfield for $2000 less!

The BIBLE or LTBR will hold value better, or even gain value over time. Premium will not, as it is unlimited.
So the extra cash will still be in the value of the game. You may have "saved" someone money on the front end, but cost them money in the long run.
But maybe my view on this is clouded by that horrible window. lol

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The BIBLE or LTBR will hold value better, or even gain value over time. Premium will not, as it is unlimited.
So the extra cash will still be in the value of the game. You may have "saved" someone money on the front end, but cost them money in the long run.
But maybe my view on this is clouded by that horrible window. lol

Here's the thing though. It depends on what point you got in. If you bought the LE at pre-order...then yes, you've got about $2000 in "equity" in the game. However, if you buy it NOW - I really don't see it going up THAT much higher due to the Premium's availability. If you buy a Premium NOW, there's a chance it might appreciate in value after it's out of production. Just look at Spider-Man Red & Black. Red was the "unlimited" "pro" version...it's now approaching $6k - $2k more than its NIB price.

So, if you're buying NOW and your goal is profit, Premium & LE will most likely net you about the same in the future. If your goal is to have the game and play and enjoy it, just get the Premium.

#54 11 years ago

My point was that the extra spent on the LE is not lost, wasted cash.
The money will still be in the game.
Value of LE's will stay high, whether you bought then or now.
Premiums, who knows?

#55 11 years ago

Now I have been fortunate enough to play all three (Pro - Premium - LE: LTBR)... yesterday for the LE !

but I own none... Tolerable as long as arcade or friends got it!

Indeed the LE plays as the premium, but is really magnificient, and might hold value better (but Rarehero has a point - the fortunate ones are those who preordered it!)

#56 11 years ago

There is this too. AC/DC is a keeper. It will be harder to get in the future as it becomes a classic.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

There is this too. AC/DC is a keeper. It will be harder to get in the future as it becomes a classic.

But if demand is high, then they could keep doing re-runs for years - why not?

#58 11 years ago

Not sure how long they have the license and with other games coming in the next year I'm not sure how many runs Stern can and will do before they stop seeing a profit in it.

SM has been out for a good number of years now, and it has only cracked about 1-1.5k of its NIB price at the end of the run.

Guess we'll see what the market brings. As far as gameplay and features, I don't see the increased value or cost justified in an LE at its current price, except for its collectibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-my-first-acdc-pin-today-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.