Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Spankey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Well, I finally played the LE and I thoroughly enjoyed the game, enough so that I would love to have one. Beautiful cabinet, pf looks nice with the LED's and of course the music (A+). Now I see what all the hype is about on this game.

#2 11 years ago

I know how you feel. After playing a BiB it left me with one tought : i wanna have one !!!!!!

So i decided to go for my first NIB, a Premium. Expect to get it end of november, cant wait

#3 11 years ago

Excellent choice! It's a great game IMO. Went the premium route myself.

#4 11 years ago

game is super awesome.. way fun. Premium or LE is like a different game than Pro.. have to go all in on that one.

#5 11 years ago

I can't get Rock & Roll Train out of my head ...I dunno why, but that's my favorite song in the game

#6 11 years ago

I just love it when all the inserts go pink for the Rosie song.........gotta get one of these! And I just love the thud of the drop targets......soon, soon

#7 11 years ago

It is one bad ass game!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't get Rock & Roll Train out of my head ...I dunno why, but that's my favorite song in the game

I always get War Machine stuck in my head when I play...

#9 11 years ago

Great game, but brutal. Very brutal...keeps you on your toes.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I always get War Machine stuck in my head when I play...

That's the one that always sticks with me too

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't get Rock & Roll Train out of my head

That and Thunderstruck are my go to songs.

#12 11 years ago

Yeah that music just hangs in your head and i can't wait to go back and play some more. The LE I played is in a local arcade here in NC. Man I want one but I only want the LE and the problem is there were only 200 made. What is one gonna cost me.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Yeah that music just hangs in your head and i can't wait to go back and play some more.

What I like is when you really 'rock' a song and put up a huge score, then you hear the song on the radio on the way to work the next day. It's like you relive the game all over again. AC/DC deja vu. Hell yes.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

That and Thunderstruck are my go to songs.

I switch to Thunderstruck when I'm likely close to a multiball...I wanna make sure I get to more of the middle section of that song...lol...plus you get more thunder booms from hitting the targets during Multiball.

#15 11 years ago

I'm in on the Premium as well. I'm half paid for, and should be paid in full in about 2-3 weeks.

I can't wait... just like Christmas, but a little sooner!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm in on the Premium as well. I'm half paid for, and should be paid in full in about 2-3 weeks.
I can't wait... just like Christmas, but a little sooner!

You won't be disappointed. Great game!

#17 11 years ago

I gotta go with Rock & Roll Train and TNT and Highway To Hell. HTH would be higher if it wasn't for that damned cannon. GRRRRRR

#18 11 years ago

I played a pro last week at pinball life and I thought that was great!! I can't wait to find somewhere to play an LE. They are really that different?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

I played a pro last week at pinball life and I thought that was great!! I can't wait to find somewhere to play an LE. They are really that different?

Yup.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I gotta go with Rock & Roll Train and TNT and Highway To Hell. HTH would be higher if it wasn't for that damned cannon. GRRRRRR

Rock & Roll Train & War Machine are also a couple of my fav. songs on the game. But if you wanna score big not many other songs can offer what Hells Bells can give you.

#21 11 years ago

I don't think you will find any NIB, but there are some out there gently used. I would guess they are probably going for atleast $ 8,500.00 for the LE's. Some of the veterans on this site would know a lot more than me, and subsequently guide you in the right direction. I bought my BIB LE NIB and paid the amount I quoted earlier, back in June. I think this pin is phenomenal and DEFINATELY worth you pursuing !! I wish you the best of luck !!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

Yes, but keep in mind - the PREMIUM's playfield is EXACTLY the same as the LEs. You get all the super sweet extra features at a much lower price - and, if you buy one that was built recently, it has a crystal clear lower playfield window while the LE's have a cloudy blurry window. Don't get gauged on an LE...get a Premium and get the same enjoyment and keep 2k+ in your pocket!

This has been a public service announcement.

#23 11 years ago

I actually do not like the crystal clear lower PF's. I have 2 ACDC's, one crystal clear and the other slightly diffused and like the diffused better as the lower playfield graphics suck anyways. Gives it an eerie look in a way...

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I actually do not like the crystal clear lower PF's. I have 2 ACDC's, one crystal clear and the other slightly diffused and like the diffused better as the lower playfield graphics suck anyways. Gives it an eerie look in a way...

LOL I love when people justify defective playfields It is what it is...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL I love when people justify defective playfields It is what it is...

Interesting since he said he has both? What is he trying to justify???

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hmm...I dunno. It's late...I'm tired. Wah.

#27 11 years ago

Great game, love mine. Played at a friend's house and had to have one!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The fact that he has two and most likely will be selling one... so the real question is which one will be kept? I'd bet he keeps the one with the clear window.

#29 11 years ago

Welcome to the Club of AC/DC-hooked addicts. Uncurable disease. Its gets worse and worse. Be warned, stay away from this devil game!!

Far too late for me...

#30 11 years ago

So to clarify, the Premium and LE both have the same features, gameplay, music , etc. Just a price difference. As stated earlier, I have only played the LE.
I there is any difference, I will hold out to find a great condition LE. I was thinking $8k to $8500.
Also on the LE I am playing locally is does have the hazy (not crystal clear) lower playfield glass.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

So to clarify, the Premium and LE both have the same features, gameplay, music , etc. Just a price difference. As stated earlier, I have only played the LE.
I there is any difference, I will hold out to find a great condition LE. I was thinking $8k to $8500.
Also on the LE I am playing locally is does have the hazy (not crystal clear) lower playfield glass.

Yes same features. The only slight advantage a Premium has is its readily available and new run has clear pf.

IMO.. the $$ between Premium and LE is not worth it.. I dont own either but in theory thats my stance

#32 11 years ago

Thanks, great points, I think I will follow that same advice.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The fact that he has two and most likely will be selling one... so the real question is which one will be kept? I'd bet he keeps the one with the clear window.

And once again you would be wrong.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

LE's have the shaker, custom rails & real backglass, custom art on the BIB. If money is tight definitly go for the premium. If you have the extra disposable income & can get a LE i'd go for it.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LE's have the shaker, custom rails & real backglass, custom art on the BIB. If money is tight definitly go for the premium. If you have the extra disposable income & can get a LE i'd go for it.

...but you can put your own shaker in the Premium. At that point it's exactly the same game (but with a better lower PF window). Only difference is the backglass, cab art (BIB), and laser cut metal trim.

I know the flippers hate me for bringing this up...but some people just do not know the differences between Pro/Premium/LE. I'd hate to see someone spend $8500 on a BIB and THEN realize they could have had the same exact game with a better playfield for $2000 less!

#36 11 years ago

I heard that Angus has a WOZ LE on order.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but you can put your own shaker in the Premium. At that point it's exactly the same game (but with a better lower PF window). Only difference is the backglass, cab art (BIB), and laser cut metal trim.
I know the flippers hate me for bringing this up...but some people just do not know the differences between Pro/Premium/LE. I'd hate to see someone spend $8500 on a BIB and THEN realize they could have had the same exact game with a better playfield for $2000 less!

He asked what the differences were. I told him....Some people like the trim kit and backglass that the LE's offer (plus the really nice artwork of the BIB). Thats why I said hey if you have the extra $$$ as some people do in this hobby go for a LE.

Thanks for the daily service announcement about the crystal clear window in the current Premiums though.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

I heard that Angus has a WOZ LE on order.

Watch it BURN! in the next AC/DC vid,

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thanks for the daily service announcement about the crystal clear window in the current Premiums though.

You love it.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL. So you think there are a bunch of idiots out there willing to spend $8-9k on an LE without knowing the differences between it and the Premium? Really?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL. So you think there are a bunch of idiots out there willing to spend $8-9k on an LE without knowing the differences between it and the Premium? Really?

I think a lot of people will spend the money to have the LE as a collectible. That said, I actually prefer the Premium translite, but would love to have the side rails of LTBR.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wouldn't call them idiots. They just don't know! Not all pinheads live/sleep/breathe pinball like we do. The OP didn't know! LOL...don't call him an idiot, ya maniac!

The last batch of games have been Pro/LE...many assume that's the deal w/ AC/DC as well. Example, someone contacted me from a Craigslist ad about a game - we just started shootin' the sh*t about pinball, and he told me he was saving up for an AC/DC LE...he played it at a show and wanted all the cool features that weren't in the Pro. I asked him if he'd considered the Premium ...he had no idea it existed. He was extremely thankful that I brought it up...saved him a ton of money!

Quoted from Spankey:

I think a lot of people will spend the money to have the LE as a collectible. That said, I actually prefer the Premium translite, but would love to have the side rails of LTBR.

Maybe someone will do aftermarket ones like Steve Ritchie did w/ his special Spidey webbed rails.

#43 11 years ago

I got to get out more and play this game. I have still yet to play it or even see it in person.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I got to get out more and play this game. I have still yet to play it or even see it in person.

Just buy it. lol

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I got to get out more and play this game. I have still yet to play it or even see it in person

It's not like you dont have an open invitation to play it somewhere ; )

#46 11 years ago

Just on boxed my premium last night.Man what a great pinball machine just crank up the volume and play.Might be the first pinball machine for having the neighbors call the police on me for disturbing the peace.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wouldn't call them idiots. They just don't know! Not all pinheads live/sleep/breathe pinball like we do. The OP didn't know! LOL...don't call him an idiot, ya maniac!
The last batch of games have been Pro/LE...many assume that's the deal w/ AC/DC as well. Example, someone contacted me from a Craigslist ad about a game - we just started shootin' the sh*t about pinball, and he told me he was saving up for an AC/DC LE...he played it at a show and wanted all the cool features that weren't in the Pro. I asked him if he'd considered the Premium ...he had no idea it existed. He was extremely thankful that I brought it up...saved him a ton of money!

You missed my point. Obviously there are going to be people who don't know the differences between the LE's and the Premium until they research that issue. My point was that most people who are considering paying $8k-9k for an LE will do their research before paying that kind of money, and will determine for themselves whether an LE is worth the extra money over the Premium. I have a hard time believing that someone like the guy you were shooting the sh*t with wouldn't have found out about the Premium before he actually bought an LE. But then again, there *are* idiots out there.

#48 11 years ago

The BIB LE is the pick of the bunch with the different artwork that's why I choose it, and doesn't the other LE have the same side art as the pro? anyway its great we have the choice.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You missed my point. Obviously there are going to be people who don't know the differences between the LE's and the Premium until they research that issue. My point was that most people who are considering paying $8k-9k for an LE will do their research before paying that kind of money, and will determine for themselves whether an LE is worth the extra money over the Premium. I have a hard time believing that someone like the guy you were shooting the sh*t with wouldn't have found out about the Premium before he actually bought an LE. But then again, there *are* idiots out there.

If they are on pinside I'm pretty sure they would find out the differences.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If they are on pinside I'm pretty sure they would find out the differences.

Yep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-my-first-acdc-pin-today-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.