Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 020.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Mustang: Fun. Theme may not be great, but I had a lot of fun flipping the table. Call outs were good, and I thought some of the features were really nice. I'll gladly play this one again and again.

WOZ: First time I ever played it where I had a great time doing so. Whoever said the last code update made the game awesome wasn't far off. For the first time ever, I feel like the game was telling me where to shoot, the lights made sense, and the overall package was immersive and complete. Really nice game.

#2 10 years ago

The few games I put on Mustang Pro....there are long ball times

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The few games I put on Mustang Pro....there are long ball times

That isn't a joke. It's nothing like the drain-monsters that have come from Stern recently.....

#4 10 years ago

I played 'em both at MPE too! The word I keep using to describe Mustang is "solid". Good machine! It probably helped that I was able to play the first game of a NIB Mustang - that was a heck of an experience! That whirlpool ramp takes a really long time, but I bet when you've got a serious multiball going, that'll come in super handy. The captive ball gimick is cool, sounds are fine, and the game looks tons better than most pictures show. Gameplay was fast...but didnt have to be. You can just as easily take your Mustang for a smooth cruise as you can stomp the pedal to the metal. Looking forward to playing again!

I still cant get into WOZ but I do agree: it now does actually tell you what to shoot for. I still wasnt able to get it to "do anything" but I felt like I was progressing through the game and accomplishing things for the first time in probably 25 games.

#5 10 years ago

I agree about the whirlpool ramp...it is really cool when in multi-ball......but when you are in single ball play...it seems to take FOREVER to drop

#6 10 years ago

Mustang becomes pretty drainy once you open up the outlanes a bit. Moving the posts down one notch from the factory set up makes a big difference.

#7 10 years ago

Plus, with some very well timed slight nudges you can get it go go around an infinite number of times. I think it's stops giving you points after 5 rotations.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I agree about the whirlpool ramp...it is really cool when in multi-ball......but when you are in single ball play...it seems to take FOREVER to drop

#8 10 years ago

Played the crap out of Mustang today.

It was a lot of fun and the engine sounds were excellent.

So refreshing to play a game that was not a comic/movie.

#9 10 years ago

Nooo! You "true pinball" guys are supposed to hate the Mustang pin so us "true Mustang" guys can pick them up on the cheap after Stern stops making them!

This is so not going to be good for my bank account....

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Nooo! You "true pinball" guys are supposed to hate the Mustang pin so us "true Mustang" guys can pick them up on the cheap after Stern stops making them!

I'm still waiting for a cheap Rolling Stones since "everyone" hates it!!!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Mustang: Fun. Theme may not be great, but I had a lot of fun flipping the table. Call outs were good, and I thought some of the features were really nice. I'll gladly play this one again and again.

WOZ: First time I ever played it where I had a great time doing so. Whoever said the last code update made the game awesome wasn't far off. For the first time ever, I feel like the game was telling me where to shoot, the lights made sense, and the overall package was immersive and complete. Really nice game.

Our local op said his average game time on Mustang was almost 8 minutes. We have several good players here, but that is crazy long.

I couldn't agree more about WOZ. Initially to me, the game was just a blinding rainbow in your face with no guidance at all. The skill shot seemed to be the best thing in the game and goals for everything else were so unclear. With the latest code update, this is finally changing. So nice to have some audio and visual clues for where to shoot. I'm still not a huge fan of the game play itself, but it is light years better than it was before.

#12 10 years ago

The Mustang Pro's cabinet has to be one of the sexiest I have ever seen. But, I am a little biased since I drove Mustangs for twelve years of my life.

If I had managed to sell my BDK outright, I probably would have ended up putting the money towards Mustang. To me it looks like it would be fun, and the fact that it's new and few have it at the moment didn't hurt either. And that cabinet.. damn!

#13 10 years ago

With some nudging I was able to keep the Whirlpool on Mustang going long enough it went to ball search. Was going to play AC/DC but the guy in front of me pulled an Eddie Murphy and played 4-people . To any one that missed ---The Matrix---- pin you really missed something Special . That is one remarkable game !

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So refreshing to play a game that was not a comic/movie.

Or lame rock band.....

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

With some nudging I was able to keep Mustang going long enough it went it ball search. Was going to play AC/DC but the guy in front of me pulled an Eddie Murphy and played 4-people . To any one that missed ---The Matrix---- pin you rely missed something Special . That is one remarkable game !

I played it at Expo in Chicago, but I was looking forward to seeing it in MI after the mods Hemi did to it...

Oh well... I already have a JM...

#16 10 years ago

+1000 on a break from comic movies.....

Are you sure you weren't tanked up on rum and cokes tamoore

Yep, Woz is a blast to play

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

So true...so true. I'd sell my Refinery Met Pro for it.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

The Mustang Pro's cabinet has to be one of the sexiest I have ever seen.

That's because Stern had the BEST automotive illustrator in the world do it.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

The Mustang Pro's cabinet has to be one of the sexiest I have ever seen.

Soo True !!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

So true...so true. I'd sell my Refinery Met Pro for it.

Wanna Trade ?

Mustang Pro 020.JPGMustang Pro 020.JPG

Mustang Pro 015.JPGMustang Pro 015.JPG

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

The Mustang Pro's cabinet has to be one of the sexiest I have ever seen. But, I am a little biased since I drove Mustangs for twelve years of my life.

Well I am a Mustang (car) owner and lifelong Ford fan and I just don't like the cabinet. The quality of the art itself is fine, but it feels like it's missing something. To me it feels like someone's pet project and they blew up a photo to slap on the side of an old cabinet.

Personally, I would like to have seen something with some sort of scene in the background. Something a little more like the translite and/or premium art.

Edit: It reminds me of a Fathead graphic

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Well I am a Mustang (car) owner and lifelong Ford fan

What year? May be you just don't like the year.

#22 10 years ago

I love what you did to yours but no thanks, I would use the funds to buy a NIB, it would be my first and I can't think of a better themed pin for me.

#23 10 years ago

I agree ,, Good Luck !!

#24 10 years ago

Mustang felt like a modern take on an EM. Prominent targets. Not much flow, as such. The only ramp was up the vast majority of the time when I played, so the game played very fast. I will agree that as a fairly mediocre player, my games were about ten minutes long, and that was with me playing two of the six cars on average. A couple of things contribute to this. First, there are no real sucker shots, as everything is set back far enough for the player to recover. The second is that the Gears multiball is so easy to get. It seemed like every man, woman or child who stepped up was getting there. That's a couple of minutes right there. It got to the point that I would spend most of my ball save time going for the drops.

#25 10 years ago

Both machines are excellent. Future looks bright!

#26 10 years ago

My first impressions of Mustang are good as well. I'm a car guy but not really a Ford guy and enjoyed my first few games. Art is super nice and sound quality is excellent. I haven't learned the rules or shots yet but walked away with a smile after my first few plays. It's a nice simple and open playfield like Iron Man. If software proves to be good this will be a very fun title.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

The second is that the Gears multiball is so easy to get. It seemed like every man, woman or child who stepped up was getting there. That's a couple of minutes right there. It got to the point that I would spend most of my ball save time going for the drops.

I'm fairly certain this is by design, to allow novice / first-time players to have a gift-wrapped multiball. But it's not very lucrative.

Keep in mind that there are two different versions of Gear Shift MB -- the Drag Race version, and the full GSMB.
The pin defaults to the Drag Race as a player's first mode, so if they don't flip before plunging, everyone starts on DR. DR MB (callout and DMD say "Gear Shift Multiball!") is very different from full GSMB.

Based on putting some games on it at TPF....

DRMB: Every individual drop target advances a gear, and once you hit 5th, DRMB immediately starts. You can practically start DRMB before the ball-save goes out.
Details are... 2-ball. Drop target JP = 300K. and the SJP (ramp) = 600K.

GSMB: Every drop target >>bank completion<< advances one gear. Once you get to 3rd gear, you can start GSMB at the scoop. You can also opt to go for 4th or 5th Gear, which provides more balls to your GSMB and higher JP values. Risk/reward trade-off. I don't believe you can advance gears during GSMB.
Details:
- 3-ball, but can go to more if you defer your multiball start until you get to 4th/5th gear.
- Drop target JP is very low --- in the tens of thousands.
- JP to orbits when lit is in hundreds of thousands.
- SJP is where it's at: I think it's a function of your gear X 1,000,000 plus some points that I'm guessing are a function of how many JP's you hit before you claim your SJP. So 3rd gear SJP is around 3M. 5th gear is around 5M.

I believe you can also stack full GSMB onto a non-DR mode. So another big difference between the easily-attained DRMB from GSMB.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and the callouts are awful. Too cheesy for my taste.

#28 10 years ago

Very useful Info on the canceling out of Multi-ball to get thru the gears and advance to a higher JackPot !!

#29 10 years ago

I would say after 10 games of no clue what I was doing I vowed to go form one mode to the next and then I started enjoying it.
20 games later I look forward to the updates in May and hope they continue with the humor - Sparky driving a car Jerry Lewis driving a car - nice change up for Stern.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I'm fairly certain this is by design, to allow novice / first-time players to have a gift-wrapped multiball. But it's not very lucrative.

Which is fine. It fits in with the Data East/Sega history of the company, as they used to light multiballs on ball three if you hadn't gotten it yet.

The pin defaults to the Drag Race as a player's first mode, so if they don't flip before plunging, everyone starts on DR.

...which to me is ingenious, because it's taking advantage of people either not knowing how to change cars or not caring to in a way that leads to more enjoyment for most players. I wonder if the same holds true for Star Trek, which has a similar way of choosing modes? Do people just go with whatever mode is lit at the start of the game? Personally, I always started with the 65 Convertible (Cruisin'), not just because it seemed to be fairly lucrative, but also because I don't think it would be good to stack with a multiball. Getting many points involves hitting specific shots, and the beginning of my multiballs are usually chaotic.

DRMB: Every individual drop target advances a gear, and once you hit 5th, DRMB immediately starts. You can practically start DRMB before the ball-save goes out.

This was basically what I was seeing. A lot of 2-ball multiballs on ball one, which is so unusual. People seemed to be enjoying it, though.

GSMB: Every drop target >>bank completion<< advances one gear. Once you get to 3rd gear, you can start GSMB at the scoop. You can also opt to go for 4th or 5th Gear, which provides more balls to your GSMB and higher JP values. Risk/reward trade-off.

That seems to be how modern rulesets are trending, with Crank It Up on Metallica, Kobayashi Maru multiball on Star Trek and the three-multiball jackpot on AC/DC.

Oh, and the callouts are awful. Too cheesy for my taste.

I'm just glad the whinnying horse went away. Tanner Foust's first jackpot callout was heroically bad, as well.

#31 10 years ago

Is there a video mode in Mustang or Star Trek new game? Just curious.

#32 10 years ago

Just wondering; anyone know if Ford Dealers are gonna get these? Is seems like a good way for Stern to sell more to people who aren't even aware of the pinball hobby as well as being a good promotional tool for the dealers. Plus, it would be super easy to swing by my local dealer for a few games!

#33 10 years ago

Just played both at Marvin's. I played about a half dozen games of Mustang my first impression is that it was just okay. The games at Marvin's were very tired. WOZ felt very "loose" and it was dirty. The GI on the Star Trek LE was out and that game seemed very worn out too. I noticed lots of wear forming behind the drop target as well. While I always enjoy pinball, this was not the best day for pinball for me.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Is there a video mode in Mustang or Star Trek new game? Just curious.

No. Stern's last video mode was in Elvis. They're pretty much against video modes now...video is for video games. Pinball is for pinball.

#35 10 years ago

I agree with Tamoore except for one thing. I think the call outs on Mustang are literally the worst I've ever heard. The jackpots call outs sound like the guy is struggling to take a dump, and the French guy's accent is so, so, so bad, you can barely even understand what he is saying. BUT, game plays good. Great for loop passing!

As for long ball times, there are just 2 positions of the outlane posts, and the default is in the most closed position. We are hosting a Mustang Launch Party soon and I guarantee those posts will be moved to the open position!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think the call outs on Mustang are literally the worst I've ever heard.

I didn't think it could get worse than X-men.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Have you heard them? Ugh... Makes X-men sound like LOTR!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I own AC/DC and, I am sorry, but Steve R's digitized call outs are abhorrent....

#39 10 years ago

I enjoyed the gameplay (and theme) on Mustang, but the callouts and the licensed songs were almost unbearable. Hoping a future update fixes that, otherwise I'd never own the game.

I just can't get into WoZ. It was impressive it first, but once the novelty wore off I just didn't dig the gameplay. I can see the appeal, but I like a LOT more flow than that. I do like the ball save minigames and the full screen video display.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree with Tamoore except for one thing. I think the call outs on Mustang are literally the worst I've ever heard. The jackpots call outs sound like the guy is struggling to take a dump, and the French guy's accent is so, so, so bad, you can barely even understand what he is saying. BUT, game plays good. Great for loop passing!
As for long ball times, there are just 2 positions of the outlane posts, and the default is in the most closed position. We are hosting a Mustang Launch Party soon and I guarantee those posts will be moved to the open position!

I thought the French guy was a tribute to Revenge From Mars "Paris in Peril" mode. It sounds spot on and is a riot in RFM. Go play a couple games of RFM, then Mustang and you'll crack up every time you hear it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-mustang-and-woz-yesterday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.