• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150805_183037.jpg
IMG_3864.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-03_at_9.43.26_AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Modern Pinball has a KISS Pro and I got a chance to hop on it for an hour today. Here are my impressions.
Good:
- the art is amazing
- the sound is incredible
- the shots are satisfying. Has nice flow and the ramps are easy to hit.
- genes big head is really cool. It's the focal point of the playfield and I think it works nicely.
Bad:
- factory settings = drain happy game. Especially the right outer lane, would just keep draining over and over. I'm never a fan of games that always seem to drain arbitrarily. But this can be fixed by moving the posts down.
- early code: duh right. But there just isn't much to do and the lack of callouts makes the experience right now very basic.
- Dmd animations are horrendous. Ok this was my biggsest gripe. The animations are horrible. Band imamges are blurry and hard to make out. Stern needs to innovate the screen. No more excuses. And I mean go beyond color Dmd. They need a real lcd back there with hd visuals. If GOT or Jurassic World doesn't get this I'm dumbfounded. Why design such a people work of art just to stick an ugly Dmd in it?
Overall I think this pin has great potential. I wouldn't go near one until the code is finished. It's like waching a movie before its done. Not sure why anyone would rush n and then wait for it to actually play well. Not that this plays bad, but like I said, just not much to do.

I played it a bunch at Pintastic and I thought it was pretty good. I actually agree with pretty much everything you say, except it being drain happy. We had some pretty good long games on the tournament machine at Pintastic anyway, but of course each machine is different.

The art package really is excellent, that's worth mentioning again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-kiss-for-an-hour-thoughts?tu=EricR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.