Modern Pinball has a KISS Pro and I got a chance to hop on it for an hour today. Here are my impressions.
- the art is amazing
- the sound is incredible
- the shots are satisfying. Has nice flow and the ramps are easy to hit.
- genes big head is really cool. It's the focal point of the playfield and I think it works nicely.
- factory settings = drain happy game. Especially the right outer lane, would just keep draining over and over. I'm never a fan of games that always seem to drain arbitrarily. But this can be fixed by moving the posts down.
- early code: duh right. But there just isn't much to do and the lack of callouts makes the experience right now very basic.
- Dmd animations are horrendous. Ok this was my biggsest gripe. The animations are horrible. Band imamges are blurry and hard to make out. Stern needs to innovate the screen. No more excuses. And I mean go beyond color Dmd. They need a real lcd back there with hd visuals. If GOT or Jurassic World doesn't get this I'm dumbfounded. Why design such a people work of art just to stick an ugly Dmd in it?
Overall I think this pin has great potential. I wouldn't go near one until the code is finished. It's like waching a movie before its done. Not sure why anyone would rush n and then wait for it to actually play well. Not that this plays bad, but like I said, just not much to do.