(Topic ID: 20588)

Played it tonight...X-Men LE Magneto Review (The Good, Bad and the Unfinished)

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

092.JPG
050.JPG
043.JPG

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Check for a setting called virtual locks, perhaps. Also, make sure that lock is lit. If you lock a ball and lock is not lit, it will drop the posts and release the ball.

Mine did the exact same thing. Check the plunged that pushes the lock posts up. There is supposed to be a bell cap mounted to the bottom of it with a spring and a screw. This is what catches on the latch thus holding the two posts up catching a ball. All of the parts for mine were laying in the bottom of my cabinet. It was really easy to put back together. I also put some loc tite on the screw to keep it secure. Hope this helps.

Brian

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Mine did the exact same thing. Check the plunged that pushes the lock posts up. There is supposed to be a bell cap mounted to the bottom of it with a spring and a screw. This is what catches on the latch thus holding the two posts up catching a ball. All of the parts for mine were laying in the bottom of my cabinet. It was really easy to put back together. I also put some loc tite on the screw to keep it secure. Hope this helps.
Brian

Plunged is supposed to be "plunger". Stupid Droid spell check. It doesn't ever like pinball terms.

Brian

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Plunged is supposed to be "plunger". Stupid Droid spell check. It doesn't ever like pinball terms.
Brian

Got another change to play it again today at the Ghetto. Found another pretty cool thing about the game. So you want to collect as many X-men before starting the original Magneto multiball to increase your jackpots during multiball. We know that. Now, before starting the 2nd Magneto multiball, you want to do as many X-men modes as possible as only the shots of the modes you have started will be lit for jackpots during that 2nd multiball. If you don't do any X-men modes, only Magneto is lit, which makes the multiball almost worthless. If you have done a bunch of X-men though, all those shots are lit as well. Never noticed this before, but this is a really nice touch. I think this game is fantastic...just need that scoring issue worked out, which is coming, and then I would really love to put in some quality time on X-men again.

#104 11 years ago

I know we've discussed it on here before, but every time I see XMen video or hear gameplay descriptions, I just can't get it out of my head that the toy features are backwards. Magneto needs the magnet and Wolverine needs the claw lock/ball release. I haven't played one, but I just don't get that.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Metalpin:

I know we've discussed it on here before, but every time I see XMen video or hear gameplay descriptions, I just can't get it out of my head that the toy features are backwards. Magneto needs the magnet and Wolverine needs the claw lock/ball release. I haven't played one, but I just don't get that.

Magneto does have a magnet.. it throws the ball around if you hit one of the targets in front of him

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Metalpin:

Yeah, they both have magnets, but only Magneto has the ball lock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-it-tonightx-men-le-magneto-review-the-good-bad-and-the-unfinished/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.