Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cscmtp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

80A45515-A617-44E5-AF51-D705EEDF755A (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

So I played Iron Maiden for the first time today at the Railroad Street in Limerick.

I really hate Iron Maiden' s music. Like, really hate it. Playing the pin didn't change that.

But I really loved this pin. I liked the graphics, the video work, the shots and modes, all of it. It was great. And I found that I could progress nicely despite not having played it before.

So yeah, barf on the music but two huge thumbs up on this pin. Loved it.

#2 5 years ago

Cool story.

#3 5 years ago

Not heavy enough, I get it.
    I am also anxiously awaiting the Cannibal Corpse pin.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

So I played Iron Maiden for the first time today at the Railroad Street in Limerick. Loved it.

80A45515-A617-44E5-AF51-D705EEDF755A (resized).jpeg80A45515-A617-44E5-AF51-D705EEDF755A (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 years ago

So... why does everyone have to be a dick, exactly? I hadn't seen it before, I enjoyed it, never a fan of the band. Found the gameplay to be enjoyable. Wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Do you all cop the same attitude in person when somebody is enthusiastic about a pin they hadn't seen before?

#6 5 years ago

So... why does everyone have to be a dick, exactly? I hadn't seen it before, I enjoyed it, never a fan of the band. Found the gameplay to be enjoyable. Wanted to share my enthusiasm.
    Do you all cop the same attitude in person when somebody is enthusiastic about a pin they hadn't seen before?

I can understand you not liking the music but if you would have said the pin sucked i would have gave you 2 thumbs down!

#7 5 years ago

FWIW I was never a real Maiden fan until AFTER I got the pin. Now I definitely am.

Also, I was a huge Metallica fan but after 3 years of owning the pin, I pretty much don’t need to hear a Met song again.

So, even if you own one, you’ll go back to not liking them at best!

#8 5 years ago

My buddy put all Rush music on his. Now that's a pin I could see owning.

#9 5 years ago

It’s not everyone, but enough that one posts at one’s own risk. Let the crap roll right off you, is my advice.

I liked reading your post. I (think) I share your attitude about approaching a new title...my first question is...is it fun to play? An interesting theme, especially one that is well integrated into the gameplay, is a big bonus but not a driving factor for me.

#10 5 years ago

Yes.

#11 5 years ago

It's likely because you're very late to the impressions party with a very similar story to 98% of the Iron Maiden non-fans before you.

#12 5 years ago

i was in the same boat as you. when the pin first came out everyone had the volume turned all the way up. It was not for me. the rock opera isnt my style. i eventually bought one and i keep the music kinda low and turned the callouts up. i am seriously thinking about changing the music in it to the mummy soundtrack. i think its dramatic enough. I just need time lol

#13 5 years ago

So I played Iron Maiden for the first time today at the Railroad Street in Limerick.
    I really hate Iron Maiden' s music. Like, really hate it. Playing the pin didn't change that.
    But I really loved this pin. I liked the graphics, the video work, the shots and modes, all of it. It was great. And I found that I could progress nicely despite not having played it before.
    So yeah, barf on the music but two huge thumbs up on this pin. Loved it.

I’m a big big fan of Maiden, and this pin represents the music in an absolutely atrocious way - the cab speaker is tiny and tinny, and the software mixes the song in very hot so the sound clips like crazy. so it’s obviously not going to change your mind about the songs, but my point is I think that is to the detriment of the music. The game is great though

#14 5 years ago

I don't get how negative everyone is about the music on Iron Maiden, but you never hear of anyone complaining about the music on Metallica, even though it's heavier than Maiden.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I don't get how negative everyone is about the music on Iron Maiden, but you never hear of anyone complaining about the music on Metallica, even though it's heavier than Maiden.

Because they listen to horseshit music most likely. I'd like to know what the OP considers good music? then again saying "barf on the music" speaks volumes. Oh and old Metallica is heavier than old Maiden sure, new Maiden since PowerSlave and new Metallica since Justice all kinda sucks. I have noticed that the actual sound of the tracks is far from great but overall hasn't affected my enjoyment and this is by far one of the greatest pinball machines I've had the pleasure of owning. Its quite amazing.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

It’s not everyone, but enough that one posts at one’s own risk. Let the crap roll right off you, is my advice.

Good advice for everyone on Pinside. FYI, have a look at the first post in the Beatles reveal thread. All the OP did was announce a game - and got at least 49 downvotes!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Good advice for everyone on Pinside. FYI, have a look at the first post in the Beatles reveal thread. All the OP did was announce a game - and got at least 49 downvotes!

Yeah. The Anonymous Coward came to Pinside and multiplied

#18 5 years ago

Bro, just buy it and change the music. Not hard to do with pinball browser. I don't care for Iron Maiden's music either (I mean, I like 2 songs but that's it) but my Premium plays all Megadeth and it fits and rocks!!!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from bdaley6509:

My buddy put all Rush music on his. Now that's a pin I could see owning.

Your buddy sounds like a VERY smart man. My Met Prem plays all rush songs

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

but my Premium plays all Megadeth and it fits and rocks!!!

Megadeth fan but u don't like Maiden? thats strange. I can see the newer stuff which to me all sounds like eurotrash soccer music. But you don't like Killers or Piece of Mind? Hey to each his own I just found that wierd. I'm a Megadeth fan as well but really only Peace sells and Rust in Peace with a few good tracks on the rest of the albums, far a few but they are there. New album is pretty good. What I'm saying is we need a Megadeth pin and I would prefer it based strictly on Rust In Peace.

#21 5 years ago

Music is very subjective. I've never cared for Rush (at all really), which many here really like, but have enjoyed most of Iron Maiden up to Somewhere in Time. Not a huge fan of their later stuff. I think the OP received some negative comments and thumbs down because he went a bit further than just saying he didn't like Maiden, when he chose to use words like "barf" to describe it. When you take it to that level, you have to expect push back from people who are fans.

#22 5 years ago

I like Iron Maiden music; but, the sound package in the game is so good that the music really is secondary to it.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's likely because you're very late to the impressions party with a very similar story to 98% of the Iron Maiden non-fans before you.

and... this probably doesn't require a new topic. While I agree with OP, this could have been posted in one of the many existing IMDN threads.

That said, no big deal. Great game.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Megadeth fan but u don't like Maiden? thats strange. I can see the newer stuff which to me all sounds like eurotrash soccer music. But you don't like Killers or Piece of Mind? Hey to each his own I just found that wierd. I'm a Megadeth fan as well but really only Peace sells and Rust in Peace with a few good tracks on the rest of the albums, far a few but they are there. New album is pretty good. What I'm saying is we need a Megadeth pin and I would prefer it based strictly on Rust In Peace.

I think Countdown is as good as RIP, in fact both are just amazing albums! I'm not saying I hate IM, but I never bought their albums, just never got into them like I did Metallica and then Megadeth. But yes, Vic Rattlehead would make for some great artwork on a Megadeth pin!

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Music is very subjective. I've never cared for Rush (at all really).

Did you sniff a ton of glue as a kid? Eat lots of paint chips? Did you dad juggle you in the air and drop you a few times?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-iron-maiden-today?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.