Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinJer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Got to play a Hulk LE Avengers last night for the first time .

First impressions - it's a good fun pin . There's a few things that were a bit so-so being the fact that the Loki ball lock plastic blocks the view of the Ironman inserts . Also some of the shots ( particularly the Hawkeye left loop ) seem insanely narrow . The blue target between Hawkeye and Capt. America may have been leaning slightly left which made the outer loop a bit harder .

The right loop also posed a problem in that a lot of the time a ball coming down the loop would bounce of the rubber post above the Shield targets and go straight down the left outlane . The way that Stern has designed the layout with the Nick Fury target area recessed from the loop means that the ball can't be nudged off the rail and make it come straight to the right flipper .

The green DMD in Hulk I'm not a fan of at all . It seemed too green and the actual scores etc. didn't pop very well as the background was too green .

A couple of questions for those who may own one or know the rulesets a bit better :

- What does the blue stand-up target between Hawkeye and Capt. America actually do ??
- When it comes to collecting the characters Hulk is completed by getting the Super Jackpot during Hulk multiball . The other characters have you having to make their relative shots 5 times ( I think it was 5 ?? ) and then each shot spelled a letter of their name ( except for Capt. A ) . Once you spell their name you collect them and the character inserts above the flippers lights them but they are flashing ( incomplete ) ... how do you get them completed and lit solid ??

#2 11 years ago

Played it first time tonight myself; and I really liked it.

Only issues I had was coming out of the Gun Girl ramp constant pop outs trying to go into Hulk's Hole. Pretty annoying and seems like it would only get worse but you never know.
Also the lanes being blocked by plastics but that seems to be the way they make them these days.
Also typical these days are kind of crappy looking plastic pieces tacked on here and there.
What else...green is pretty ugly, but overall the playfield looks pretty good.

I found pretty long ball times, sort of stop & go but that doesn't bother me. Like the tight shots. Came a couple of IM shots away from collecting all the Avengers, whatever that does. Green DMD didn;t seem to dim to me as I have heard people complain aboot.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

- When it comes to collecting the characters Hulk is completed by getting the Super Jackpot during Hulk multiball . The other characters have you having to make their relative shots 5 times ( I think it was 5 ?? ) and then each shot spelled a letter of their name ( except for Capt. A ) . Once you spell their name you collect them and the character inserts above the flippers lights them but they are flashing ( incomplete ) ... how do you get them completed and lit solid ??

You have to complete their vs. multiball mode. It plays into your strategy knowing when to start one. Lots of fun.

#4 11 years ago

Okay, I hate to say this publicly but I'm going to...I can't figure out the Skill Shot area. I mean, its obvious you can hit the flippers to control IM, CA, or HE for the roll overs, but what about the lights above the IM head, CA Shield, etc.? It seems some games I just light all three (IM, CA, HE) and I get 2x bonus, etc. and other times it doesn't award anything. Help?

#5 11 years ago

Just sent payment for my icy blue Avengers! Patience....

#6 11 years ago

I have a question about the shield. After
lighting the 3 shield agents, it says something about
the secret of the shield. What next ? Hit the targets again
or is there something else I should do.
Thanks
CB

#7 11 years ago

Congrats you are gonna love it!

#8 11 years ago

The Secret of Shield means you need to hit the Nick Furry shot, which is above the 2 agent targets. That is what awards the random bonus (x bonus, lit extra ball, add more time, etc.)

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Just sent payment for my icy blue Avengers! Patience....

Oh ya! Jason is back in the game! You'll love it man, it's a blast, I have no regrets buying it and I hesitated big time when announcement came out. That SM ain't gonna get much play now might as well just sell it to me cheap.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, I hate to say this publicly but I'm going to...I can't figure out the Skill Shot area. I mean, its obvious you can hit the flippers to control IM, CA, or HE for the roll overs, but what about the lights above the IM head, CA Shield, etc.? It seems some games I just light all three (IM, CA, HE) and I get 2x bonus, etc. and other times it doesn't award anything. Help?

There are 6 lights to be collected. Two on each lane. On the first shot of each ball you want the ball to go through the lighted lane. It's always starts with the middle. You collect the points and 2 lights. If you don't have to move the lights, you collect an additional 100k points. Each time after that initial shot for a ball, you want to go through a lane with an unlighted target...2 on each lane. You collect one each time. Collect all six and advance the bonus multiplier.

#11 11 years ago

Don;t know who came up with the idea for 555 sockets under slings; Not a good idea. Had 3 bulbs pop out during the night.

#12 11 years ago

Getting my Pro on Friday. Can't wait.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

You have to complete their vs. multiball mode. It plays into your strategy knowing when to start one. Lots of fun.

Thanks mate . Seems like the game is biased more easily towards completing Hulk than any other character .

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

trying to go into Hulk's Hole.

Ouch!!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

The Secret of Shield means you need to hit the Nick Furry shot, which is above the 2 agent targets. That is what awards the random bonus (x bonus, lit extra ball, add more time, etc.)

thank you. That is a tough target to hit. Must be a tight right flipper shot.

#16 11 years ago

I can't wait to play the Avengers machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-avengers-for-the-first-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.