Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mahoyvan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic.jpg

#1 4 years ago

So recently I have started playing Playboy by Stern. It looks like a really deep game that has lots of cool features in it like the centerfold Multiball and the right ramp display. However, I cannot get past the rules. For the record, I know that the goal is to collect Playmates by collecting bunnies around the playfield, and I know about the Centerfold multiball, but I don't know about many other features. Can someone help me out?

#2 4 years ago

Well, there's this: Details as well as rules.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/playboy/index.html

I've not heard of this game described as "deep" before.

Fun game...but a bit embarrassing to play when you get the ball going into the pop-bumpers

faz

#3 4 years ago

Love my Playboy! Patiently waiting for a Colorization for the DMD

#4 4 years ago

rolling through the bunny ears on the inlane/outlane, top rollovers add bunny ears (25 bunny ears give you a playmate month. Bunny orbit loops also add to the bunny ears. So essentially, whenever you hit a major shot, you have the opportunity to add bunny ears.

hitting the key shots repeatedly will also start various modes like photo shoot, splash, and pajama party. when one of those modes starts, hit the flashing shot. After a while, you'll figure out which ones are valuable and worth going for. Biggest points are in the mansion mulitball. Good luck!

2 months later
#5 4 years ago

I played it yesterday at my bar and I won 7 free games in a row each time with 10mil points.
I'm a noob player and I didn't know that table at all.
So my question is: is it a very simple game or the free game was set too low?
Here's a pic!
pic.jpg

#6 4 years ago

Always soft plunge for the skill shot and then immediately shoot into the hurry-up on the left ramp. Soft plunging for the skill shot lights playmates (at least one, up to 3 i've seen), which you collect also on the left ramp, when the collect light is lit. Left ramp ALSO plays strip poker which works towards Pajama Party multi-ball, I believe. And yeah always get the upper roll-overs, and inline roll-overs by lane switching.

I wish I knew what Grotto was all about though, that is still beyond me! I can't hit that shot anyway, so.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from toddkay:

I wish I knew what Grotto was all about though, that is still beyond me! I can't hit that shot anyway, so.

Rainbows and Unicorns.... nothing more than that
faz

#8 4 years ago

The grotto is just a mystery award I believe. I had a very nice Playboy for awhile and really liked it. Deep is defiantly not the word I would use to describe it. To me it had more of an old school with not many goals type feel....but fun to play even without the deep rules.

The centerfold multiball rules were pretty fun on how you had to hit certain shots and follow them up in a certain amount of time, and keep all 3 balls in play to get the various double and triple jackpots.

If Mansion Mania is considered a wizard mode it is easily the easiest wizard mode to get to of any pin I have seen.....though I always wondered if the 4th Mansion Mania was somehow different since it's insert is a different color. Or what happens after the 4th Mansion Mania. Another thing I never did do was to get all 12 Playmates recollected during Mansion Mania...I always wondered if it would light the next Mansion Mania insert for doing that.

#9 4 years ago

Pretty sure the 4th Mansion is just Super Mansion... Which you can also get by collecting all 12 Playmates at once (which is what you should always do). I don't remember the differences, assume it's worth somewhat more. Recollecting all 12 playmates during Mansion just restarts it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from JDee:

So my question is: is it a very simple game or the free game was set too low?

a little bit of both. my local playboys replay hovers between 15 and 30M. i often get it before reaching mansion mania.

IIRC super mansion is mansion mania 5X. its been a while though.

#11 4 years ago

got it

#12 4 years ago

I used to play it on route quite a bit. It's a surprisingly fun game I think, but it's a game that for me at least falls into the weird category that I LOVE it on route, but would never want it for home (see also IJ4, Junkyard).

11 months later
#13 3 years ago

This title just came into rotation at a greasy pub downtown - The only pin in town!

How do you go about getting extra balls?
I know you get awarded one within a trip or two at the Grotto, and after lighting 6 playmates, but are there any other ways?

Fun game, I'm diggin' the cheesiness!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
Painesville, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside