You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

after_2.jpg
before_4.jpg
pin_007.jpg
before_3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cevans82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

a few before and after pics of my bally playboy restore. more to follow.

before_3.jpgbefore_3.jpg pin_007.jpgpin_007.jpg before_4.jpgbefore_4.jpg after_2.jpgafter_2.jpg

#4 12 years ago

thanks guys been workin hard on it im alot further along but the camera craped out.

Quoted from emo:

Verrrry nice! It just shows what you can do with painted playfields. What paints did you use?

i used acryillics. a variety of brands some brands have better colors than others.

Quoted from glilly-BOA:

Nice cevans. I'm still in the middle of mine and I'm taking lot's for photos. I'll post some when time permits. I just did touch up on the back glass over the weekend and it turned out great.
Any issues you ran into that you can mention here? I need to contact you and share notes on our PF's. I have another playboy that I can work with (between the two, I want one good one so I'm not too woried if I mess one up).
G

i did run into a few issues nothing that wasnt fixable. when i first hit the playfield with magic eraser and alcohol it didnt do much so i jus thought it was badly worn. i later tried it again with the more power eraser and MAN did it pull up the junk. the problem was i hit an area i had painted so needless to say i had to redo it. but that ended up lookin better thatn before maybe because i had more time under my belt. if you decide to use acyrilics make sure you get some extender and thin it out a bit . you have to do more coats but it is well worth the extra time. take your time the work you do will look better than before you shouldnt have any probs. you might end up with two great lookin PF'S. i went on the CPR website and printed off pics of the repro PF they did its great for refference if you have to do any redraw/paints of areas that are missing. goodluck!

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Nice work cevans82 good color match

thank you it took a long time but it was well worth it!

Quoted from jrrdw:

What are you painting yours with? I'm using my airbrush.

i wish i am going to get an air brush after this one and hopefully use it on the next one. acyrilics by hand.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from glilly-BOA:

cevans82 said:

make sure you get some extender
Yep, already figured that out with some of the initial touchup. I've also been doing a lot of testing on scrap wood with color matching and trying different blending / brush stroke methods. I also did some testing with Sharpie and Varathane. I have seen mixed reviews on the use of Sharpie and I think I have determined the acceptable way to use (if needed). I will use paint rather than Sharpie when possible (most of the time).
cevans82 said:

great idea testing on wood. some of the colors i needed to match a few spots had mylars so before ipulled them up i mixed and put a lil down then wiped it up until i got it right then i nixed enough to save then i pulled the mylars. i thought about using sharpie that way but decided against it. i didnt take the time to experiment with it though.

i went on the CPR website and printed off pics of the repro PF they did
Great minds think alike. That's exactly what I did too. They have great detailed photos and it makes it easy to really see what needs what. I was also thinking of doing some clear transparency if needed like Ed Chueng did on his F-14 (http://www.edcheung.com/album/album09/pinball/f14.htm). I've done similar type stuff for drop target repro. Worked out great.
G

i know right the photos are great and really helpful!

1 month later
#11 12 years ago

three coats of clear on the playboy its looking good. will post pics soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cevans82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playboy-restore?tu=cevans82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.