Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by zombywoof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Brother in Law sent me one picture of a Playboy he found at a store near where he lives. What's the price range on these things? I only got a picture of the backbox, but from what I can see the translite looks good. They have it listed for $1000. What condition should the machine be in for $1000?

#2 9 years ago

I have seen them priced higher. It is a hard title to sell so take that into account if you don't like the hassle of waiting 6 months or maybe even a year to find a buyer.

#3 9 years ago

All pin prices depend on condition. If little PLAYFIELD wear and translite looks good 1,000 is not bad. Avg price is about 1,500. Hope this helps.

#4 9 years ago

That's why I was kind of trying to find out what it should look like for $1000.

It sounds like if it isn't in really good condition it's not a steal or anything. He found it in an out of the way store so I was going to grab it if it was a great price. We actually don't even know if it works yet. I don't want to send him back for a ton of pictures if it's unnecessary.

#5 9 years ago

I would say at $1000 it would be unrestored, but nice condition. Dings in cab/head ok, nothing major. Minimal pf wear - some on rollovers ok, some shooter lane wear. Working 100%, no major hacks to boards. hope this helps - very hard to say w/o photos/more info.

#6 9 years ago

Are we talking Bally or Data East?

#7 9 years ago

Data East made a Playboy??

Thought just Bally and Stern...

#8 9 years ago

Yes DE made one with Hefner and his wife at the time on the backglass.

#9 9 years ago

It's the Bally one from 1978 I linked to the thread.

#10 9 years ago

First thing you want to see

Picture of bonus area in the lower center of the play field. These games are notorious for having severe wear down to wood in the area.

Then check battery on boards- may have leaked and corroded a lot

If it powers up and plays I guess it's probably close to a grand if in good shape- possibly more if it's really really nice but without rebuilding a lot it's not going to be much more. These are often listed a lot higher but I am not sure how often they sell at 2k+ prices. It's a beautiful machine and it's socially acceptable. The more recent versions are quite a bit further down the man cave avenue. I have zero issues showing anyone this machine. It's actually pretty with all the pink and the awesome art work.

To be honest unless I knew it was playing well with good sound- lscore displays- BG flawless- and a very very good play field. I would think about much over 1K. And offer less. But I am cheap.

#11 9 years ago

I think I recognize this machine from your description. Is it in South East Virginia? If so, it's been sitting there a long time and is pretty rough. As a project, I might be in at a third of what he's asking for it.

#12 9 years ago

That has to be the one. My Brother in Law lives in the Virgina Beach area so it's probably the same one. He didn't give me the name of the store but sure sounds like SE Virgina.

Thanks a ton! I'll tell him not to waste his time going back for more pictures.

#13 9 years ago

That's the one. It's in a curiosity shop in the mall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playboy-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.