Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I just finished restoring a Bally playboy pinball machine. I installed a new CPR play field. The game was working 100% before I did the swap but now when I go to power the game on the drop target coil locks on. I can’t find any problem with the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

What transistor drives that coil? Is that transistor functional?

#3 1 year ago

I pulled the driver board out of a working KISS and it did the same thing.

7 months later
#4 11 months ago

Following

#5 11 months ago

Coil activation is fairly simple. The banded diode side of the coil get's 43v and a transistor sends a ground to the other side.
To troubleshoot, turn the power off and make sure the solid yellow wire is soldered to the diode band side of the coil.
Unplug J5 from the SD board. Power up, does the coil lock on? if yes you have a ground short in the activation wire. If not you have a board problem.
Also make sure the 1A SB fuse by the flippers is just that. It should blow to protect the transistor from a locked on coil.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside