Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I just finished restoring a Bally playboy pinball machine. I installed a new CPR play field. The game was working 100% before I did the swap but now when I go to power the game on the drop target coil locks on. I can’t find any problem with the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

What transistor drives that coil? Is that transistor functional?

#3 3 years ago

I pulled the driver board out of a working KISS and it did the same thing.

7 months later
#5 3 years ago

Coil activation is fairly simple. The banded diode side of the coil get's 43v and a transistor sends a ground to the other side.
To troubleshoot, turn the power off and make sure the solid yellow wire is soldered to the diode band side of the coil.
Unplug J5 from the SD board. Power up, does the coil lock on? if yes you have a ground short in the activation wire. If not you have a board problem.
Also make sure the 1A SB fuse by the flippers is just that. It should blow to protect the transistor from a locked on coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playboy-drop-target-coil-locked-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.