Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I got 2 digits out on all displays. It is the 100,000's and the 10,000's digits. I believe that the MPU is the source of the problem. I have repined the connector and I also checked each display to ensure that there was not a short causing the problem per the Pinwiki guide. How do I go about checking the digit enable signal is present? I watched the 2 digits flicker right before they disappeared.

#2 4 years ago

You linked Sterns Playboy from 2002. Is that correct?

If not and you're talking about Ballys 1978 Playboy, how have you gotten the game to display millions since it was a six digit game from factory? Are you running the aftermarket 7 digit ROM/hardware mod?

#3 4 years ago

Thank you catching my mistakes, I corrected the post above to show a 6 digit game instead of a 7 and corrected the linked game to Bally.

Also changed out U11 and that did not help.

#4 4 years ago

I changed the MPU for another and all digits now work. So that proves that the MPU is at fault.

#5 4 years ago

I guess that I got ahead of myself here. Running a display test all digits work, so I must have some corruption in memory. I'll try clearing that out to see if my 2 missing digits come back.

#6 4 years ago

It was data corruption. I freaked out sorry guys.

#7 4 years ago

A wealth of display info on here - - -

http://stevekulpa.net/pinball/bally_disp6.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playboy-all-displays-are-missing-the-same-digit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.