Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by ChuckR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 54 days ago

Fixing up a sad Playboy 35th machine, I need dimensions for the back glass so I can have one made, also is there a place I can buy the trim for the back glass. I assume there is supposed to be a lift bar across the bottom of the glass and the usual black strips around the glass. I have the translite artwork, just the glass was broken and the trim was all discarded before I bought it.
I've taken measurements but I'd be a lot more confident if someone would take a measurement of the actual piece for me. Also how is the translite art fastened to the glass? Obviously this is my first machine with a translite. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Chuck

#2 54 days ago

Dunno on the size but translites just kind of sit behind the glass and are held in with the strips. Bottom lift bar was probably plastic on this machine but I'm not 100% sure on that one the trim on the other 3 sides is plastic for sure.

Get tempered glass for the replacement if you can, or use plexi. Regular plate/window glass is very nasty if shattered and will scrape up everything it comes into contact with.

Vacuum out the machine really well too if the old glass got in there, it's likely everywhere in strange spots you don't expect.

1 month later
#3 23 hours ago

I never got the answer I was hoping for so I measured and had one made. I ordered tempered glass 3/16" X 28-1/2" X 21". The 21" dimension came out about a 16th over and by the time I got a lift bar and trim on it it just barely lifted high enough to get it in the bottom track. If I were to have another made I would consider reducing the dimension to 20-7/8" The 28-1/2 width was just right. Hope this helps someone someday.
The machine is all fixed up now and I have been enjoying it. My only complaint is how long it takes for it to give you your bonus and kick up the next ball. What were they thinking, this supplies vacuum.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside