Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbcoin.JPG
pbdecal.JPG
play.jpg
pb2.JPG
pb.JPG
#1 11 years ago

The one and only pin my lady has ever liked.
She told me I must get this one and I followed her orders.

Holy crap, what a fun game.

I just discovered the playboy champ initials are displayed on the radio station during ball lock 1.
Very nice detail...

Any other fun easter eggs to discover or points of note?

pb.JPGpb.JPG pb2.JPGpb2.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Shes a keeper ( the wife )!!!

#3 11 years ago

Can't wait to check it out. Congrats!

#4 11 years ago

still trying to figure out why this game gets no love from collectors....

wife and kids perhaps?

play.jpgplay.jpg

#5 11 years ago

How much did it cost you.. Don't see this pin for sale much

#6 11 years ago

I had one once, the pics are on IPDB. I think it's a great game, very underrated. It's fun, there are lots of playfield toys and all the shots are smooth. I wish I'd never sold it, the new owner (2nd) will probably take it to his grave.

#7 11 years ago

I also like this, fun game (but not too deep).
Almost bought one once but wife didnt let me

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

How much did it cost you.. Don't see this pin for sale much

The seller was asking $2800 as the game is in tip-top shape.
I was able to get it down to a more reasonable amount

Very low production (1400) niche game for big kids only!

Great flow, sound, dots, toys, etc.

I wouldn't buy it if you only have room for one or two pins, but in a bigger collection it is great fun. Not the deepest game, but lots to do and challenging to reach the final wizard mode, plus it's a blast to play.

I'll most likely be taking this one to my grave....

#9 11 years ago

There's one at the Silver Ballroom here in St. Louis that I've always enjoyed playing. I can't own one due to kids in the house and feel that is probably a big hang up for many home collectors. Its a fun game though, trying to get through all the playmates is rewarding challenge.

#10 11 years ago

I don't understand why kids are a blocker, just put the clean art set in and play it when they're asleep.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

still trying to figure out why this game gets no love from collectors....
wife and kids perhaps?

Personally, it's just not hard.. I found it on location once put 2 bucks into it, by the third game I was able to rock a 60mil score which beat the last high score by 9m. I literally walked away from the game and left 5 credits on the machine because I simply lost attraction to the game. It's cheeky and fun, once.

Additionally speaking as a average family home, the theme just isn't acceptable, not that there is anything wrong with it, the DMD animations are as "sexy" as it gets. But just when people come over they see it as "bad" so ownership isn't as desirable.

There is one for sale in Seattle local CL for like 3 months in the $2k range I think, been a while since I paid attention to it, if anyone is wanting one.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I don't understand why kids are a blocker, just put the clean art set in and play it when they're asleep.

Daddy why does that lady puurrr like a cat and make such weird noises?
The game is super raunchy.

Although I think there are PG-13 options for sound, dots and photos the theme is just not family friendly whatsoever.

As for the difficulty. Yes the game is rather simple and score based. That's when I clean, wax, and increase slope. Same thing with WWFRR, people say that it's too easy....yea right, come try mine!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Personally, it's just not hard.. I found it on location once put 2 bucks into it, by the third game I was able to rock a 60mil score which beat the last high score by 9m. I literally walked away from the game and left 5 credits on the machine because I simply lost attraction to the game. It's cheeky and fun, once.
Additionally speaking as a average family home, the theme just isn't acceptable, not that there is anything wrong with it, the DMD animations are as "sexy" as it gets. But just when people come over they see it as "bad" so ownership isn't as desirable.
There is one for sale in Seattle local CL for like 3 months in the $2k range I think, been a while since I paid attention to it, if anyone is wanting one.

Man, the one on location here plays faster than the IM sitting next to it. Lot of crazy bounces on missed shots.

#14 11 years ago

I sold a really clean Playboy a few months ago for $1800

#15 11 years ago

I had one of these for a short time. The sound gets repatitive but its a fun game. Kids be damned.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I sold a really clean Playboy a few months ago for $1800

Thanks for that.

#17 11 years ago

I like it. It does have an old school "all about the score feel". I've had the game for a bit and still haven't nailed down a few questions I have about gameplay. The biggest one is this, if anyone can help me out:

When you get to Mansion Mania for collecting all 12 playmates...you start to accumulate the playmates again while in that multiball. When the game drains down to 1 ball again, all of the playmates are reset to January. If you would complete all of the playmates during Mansion Mania....does that count as getting 1 Mansion Mania closer to the 4th "Super Mansion Mania" or what ever it is called?

I don't know...I have actually got up to November relit while in my first Mansion Mania, but then drained down to 1...so I didn't get to see if it restarted another Mansion Mania and counted it as 2nd one reached or not.

I can see where some slight changes in the rules would have really benefited this game. I would have made an insert for each feature (tease, peek-a-boo, photo shoot, splash, strip poker, pajama party, hit a triple jackpot, ect...) and made it so each feature needed to be completed along with all 12 playmates to reach Mansion Mania. Maybe getting all 12 playmates would have started a Mini Mansion Mania and then when you collect the other objectives....the full Mansion Mania would start.

I really like the layout, music, dots and call-outs on the game. I see a lot of hate coming from people that haven't played it....or know they would never be allowed to own it (even if they wanted to). I can see it not being considered a great or even it not being up someones alley, but no real excuse to say it's one of the worst Stern's ever. That's just crazy.

Also...not as raunchy as Scared Stiff if the DMD settings and cards are changed. As far as I have seen...the DMD setting only turn off the nudity in "Photo Shoot" and "Strip Poker" modes. All of the audio seem the same.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I just discovered the playboy champ initials are displayed on the radio station during ball lock 1.

I like to type in my initials as ONG for the Playboy Champ.

I just though of it...ANG would work well also.

#19 11 years ago

which cards do you have in it? or should I ask...which ones does your wife want in!?!?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for that.

Very nice guy indeed!

As for the scoring, I am also trying to figure out how to carry over the playmates earned in mansion mania. I could have sworn one time they stayed solid next ball, but I had not collected them all.

Other than that, I've been one shot away from completing photo shoot many times but never finished it. Is there any cool reward as in new animations or sounds?

Just saw the playmate take off her top in strip poker for the first time, that was a hoot.

WPOO looks pretty funny on the radio ...

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

which cards do you have in it? or should I ask...which ones does your wife want in!?!?

This question makes me wonder if anyone has ever done a "custom" playboy machine? It seems like it could be done quite easily with a good quality model, camera, printer and some transparent paper.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This question makes me wonder if anyone has ever done a "custom" playboy machine? It seems like it could be done quite easily with a good quality model, camera, printer and some transparent paper.

i will be experimenting with this soon.
ill let you know how it goes.

#23 11 years ago

The theme just isn't acceptable for my house. I have 3 year old twins (son and daughter) that I don't really want exposed to Playboy until they are a little older.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The theme just isn't acceptable for my house. I have 3 year old twins (son and daughter) that I don't really want exposed to Playboy until they are a little older.

Like 7 or 8

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I don't understand why kids are a blocker

If you have a TV in the house, the kids are likely to see much more sexual content there, than with this game - especially if you keep the game turned off and don't install the nude pack.

It's probably more of a wife thing.

Remember: Marriages don't fail, Wives fail.

#26 11 years ago

I guess the "I get it to read the articles." excuse doesn't work too well for the pin.

#27 11 years ago

I have one bought it for my then girlfriend now wife it's always been her favorite...full nude package from day one fun game not deep as others have said but a great player.

#28 11 years ago

Fun game, great for parties. Non pinball people really get a kick out of the nude reveals. Another underrated machine. And on a totally shameless note: I have one for sale in another thread if any one is looking for a nice one....

#29 11 years ago

Decided to make my own decal. Think it fits in well...

pbdecal.JPGpbdecal.JPG

#30 11 years ago

and a shot of the coin door decal for dug...

pbcoin.JPGpbcoin.JPG

2 months later
#31 11 years ago

Still loving it .... Wouldn't trade for an avengers pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richmond, KY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playboy-2002-in-da-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.