Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Leosac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Gottlieb Playball, finally got it playing.

Turns on, score resets and game starts. Scoring is. A little off but I'll work on that next.

My current issue is that the "1point" score reel buzzes loudly throughout the game. It turns,it scores, it resets upon startup but keeps on buzzing. Only reprieve is brief, upon releasing a ball into play.

Any idea what is causing the buzzzing? Solution?

#2 6 years ago

Check any 1 point switch on your playfield.

#3 6 years ago

You say it scores... do you mean that when playing and while it's buzzing if you hit a 1 point switch the reel indexes up by 1? Not sure I quite understand this if it's buzzing because that sounds like it's stuck on and thus maybe would not be expected to score correctly as it would not pulse with the score switch if the 1 point relay was all ready closed it would of course- not open and close.... so maybe I am overthinking this, but it seemed worth asking. Are you absolutely sure it's that relay- is it hot-

Also- buzzing is usually a mushroomed coil stop or coil plunger- so you will probably want to fix that as well I suppose.

#4 6 years ago

It buzzes but yes, it DOES score the one point at appropriate times.

Plunger seems to be operating smoothly both when manually operated or in game play. Although I have not visually seen it during game play. That is mt assumption due to its smooth and accurate scoring.

It does quiet the buzz briefly when hitting a one point scoring on the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playball-1-point-score-reel-buzzes-loudly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.