Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rosve2020
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

024_controlunit[1].jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Here is a video clip of my nearly finished pinball build. Still some work to do before this project is completed.

All built by hand from scratch

#2 11 years ago

AWESOME WORK, ROGER!!

#3 11 years ago

Ha! I love that you snipped soundbites from space shuttle. You MUST tell us more about this project. Based on the video it looks like bally flippers, LCD for the entire backglass (simulating 14-segment display).

*edit* nevermind, this must be you:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19838

This is possibly the first successful pinmame crossover to real pinball I've seen

#4 11 years ago

Thanks Todd,

This is really only a test machine to try out some building techniques, but I am almost surprised how fun to play it turned out.
    For my next build I will design a more complex (90's style) playfield.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ha! I love that you snipped soundbites from Space Shuttle. You MUST tell us more about this project. Based on the video it looks like bally flippers, LCD for the entire backglass (simulating 14-segment display).

Yeah , I sold my Space Shuttle pin a couple of years ago and I miss it a lot. Had to use a little of it in my own pin

#7 11 years ago

Very cool, thx for posting the vp link toyota, good read

#8 11 years ago

Very cool.

Great work.

Would love to see pictures of the process as you went along.

Looks like JJP might have some competition in the LCD backglass arena!

#9 11 years ago

Finally got around to reading the VP forum posting. You don't really go into how you interfaced visual pinball logic to a real pinball machine, but I did find this daisy-chained I-pac photo interesting

024_controlunit[1].jpg024_controlunit[1].jpg

Can you explain at all how you accomplished this?

#10 11 years ago

Way cool

#11 11 years ago

I understand the basics of how this machine was created using an i/o board and a PC running Visual Pinball, but how does it boot up?

Do you have to wait for windows to load, then open Visual Pinball and then launch the VP file? Or did you create some sort of executable file that does all that automatically?

#12 11 years ago

Is that a remix of the Gyruss music? I had a Gyruss cocktail and loved the music but sounds a bit different lol. The blackout mode is sweet. I love that on pinball.

#13 11 years ago

The PC and the other parts (transformer, speakers ...) are connected to Master/Slave Powerstrip with the PC as the Master. The On/Off button is mounted under the cabinet. Everything is powered up and started automatically by pushing this button. Push again and it all shuts down.
    VP is launced automatically by a script in the Autostart folder. The total boot up time is aprox. 20 seconds.

I have several different Gyruss music remixes. It randomly selects witch one to play at the start of each "level"

What you see in the video is only one of the first play tests, I have developed the ruleset and tuned the table better since then .

The backglass is an LCD monitor that is displaying a B2S active backglass, a technology that I developed for Visual Pinball cabs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-testing-my-new-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.