Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Leaving cold and rainy Sweden, in a couple of days, to go to Florida for a few weeks!
    Will be living in Clearwater (No, i´m not a scientologist) and Fort Lauderdale.
    Are there any pinball machines to play? I have a car and will be traveling around a bit, but there would be good to know a place or two where I can play.
    Thank´s!

#2 8 years ago

Hey. I live in Clearwater and I'm not a Scientologist either Anyway, about 10 miles from Clearwater is the Replay Museum with about 75 pins. The cost of admission is like $13. Clearwater has a few places that have pinball on location, but most are single pins.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator/locationsearchform.php

They can be found in Clearwater or Dunedin (I assume you will be on the beach, so might be too far to head to Tampa)

Your also welcome to hit me up. Not the biggest collection, but your welcome to stop by, play some pins and have a few drinks. I'm sure there are plenty in the area that would extend the same invitation.

#3 8 years ago

Arcade odyessey is awesome in Miami. A steller line up of new sterns (12) , with under cabinet lighting, leds and great shape. A cool retro gameroom with Blacklight carpeting , cool music and japanese videos playing on widescreen tvs on the wall. All game playing on tokens.

#4 8 years ago

Freeplay florida november 20-22 in Orlando

#5 8 years ago

Sounds nice! And i thought that there would be hard to find machines in Florida
    Toasterdog; That would be realy nice! I'll keep in touch!

#6 8 years ago

I should be having a GOT LE release party in the next few weeks.....

Not sure of exact date though but new pinsiders are always fun to meet!
    The world famous modfather will be attending and offer free autographs

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hilarious yes , but sadly true.

#8 8 years ago

If in or near Jacksonville FL,
    Check out Video Game Rescue...

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sweetmike:

Sounds nice! And i thought that there would be hard to find machines in Florida
    Toasterdog; That would be realy nice! I'll keep in touch!

Greetings from Safety Harbor! Right around the corner from my friend Toasterdog! When your done there feel free to stop over! (But bring Craig with you!) Best, Charlie

#10 8 years ago

Going to the museum on wednesday! Only been bathing till now Not too spoiled with the weather back home.

#11 8 years ago

Woohoo! What a great place that was! Spent a couple of hours there along with the family. Nice titles in good condition. Ok, a few of them where shut down, but the ones up'n running, played well!
    Even got to write on the high score list on a couple of them.
    Nice! Thank's for the tip!

#12 8 years ago

The Pinball Lounge near Orlando is great!

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Arcade odyessey is awesome in Miami. A steller line up of new sterns (12) , with under cabinet lighting, leds and great shape. A cool retro gameroom with Blacklight carpeting , cool music and japanese videos playing on widescreen tvs on the wall. All game playing on tokens.

I'll second that. If you're ever in the Miami area check out Arcade Odyssey.

#14 8 years ago

And now I,m acctualy in Orlando! Will look Pinball Lounge up. Thank's!

#15 8 years ago

Halloween Party Going On Right Now!

#16 8 years ago

If you want to travel about an hour east to Daytona there is an ice cream shop with a few nicely maintained pins called Cow Lick's. Don't go there just for that, make the trip worth it. Take a stroll along the world's only beach you can drive on. Walk the pier. Check out the shops on Atlantic Avenue and the Ocean Walk Shoppes. Stop by the beachside Tiki Bar at the Americano resort, it's open to the public. Some great stuff in this area.

By the way, you're in Orlando? Do you plan on stopping by Universal Studios by chance?

#17 8 years ago
    #18 8 years ago

Keep an eye on the Pinball Asylum in Ft. Myers. Their events are worth the drive.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If you want to travel about an hour east to Daytona there is an ice cream shop with a few nicely maintained pins called Cow Lick's. Don't go there just for that, make the trip worth it. Take a stroll along the world's only beach you can drive on. Walk the pier. Check out the shops on Atlantic Avenue and the Ocean Walk Shoppes. Stop by the beachside Tiki Bar at the Americano resort, it's open to the public. Some great stuff in this area.
    By the way, you're in Orlando? Do you plan on stopping by Universal Studios by chance?

Sorry about the late answer. Hotel wifi sucks! I´m acctualy back home in Sweden right now. Played a lot of pinball on different places Thank´s for all the info from you guys!
    I did visit Universal Studios, thursday and friday, last week. Did I miss a pin there?

#21 8 years ago

No, people just like to sneak into the old Nickelodeon Studios building there from time to time. There's nobody on site and they leave doors unlocked all the time.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Has that party happened already?! You've got a great collection! I am going to be in FLL and MIA this weekend for work so looking to play some pins. Probably will try and hit up Arcade Odyssey too.

#23 8 years ago

This upcoming week is IAPPA and Free Play show in Orlando! Amazing!

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Has that party happened already?! You've got a great collection! I am going to be in FLL and MIA this weekend for work so looking to play some pins. Probably will try and hit up Arcade Odyssey too.

Not yet... Still waiting on Stern

Most of us will be in Orlando this weekend for the Shows

#25 8 years ago

yeah a few friends from NorCal are going too - I kinda wanna go but it's 3-hours each way and I am on assignment so prob can't make it to Orlando this time

10 months later
    #26 7 years ago

The Orlando Free Play expo is coming soon. November 11 thru the 13. Anyone been to the previous ones? Is it worth going to?

#27 7 years ago

I've been to every one. It's a great show. I'm going again this year.

#28 7 years ago

If you like pinball and arcade games, then yes, Free Play Florida is awesome! If not, then maybe you are in the wrong forum? ;o)

Seriously, it's great! Come see it for yourself

#29 7 years ago

I'm thinking of going, maybe bring Atlantis with me. Hope there is an EM section.

#30 7 years ago

i have been to a few, there are usually all kinds of different machines from different eras there
    its an ok show for the most part where saturday is the busiest day and the best day to go

#31 7 years ago

Depends who are you hanging with!!

#32 7 years ago

doesnt matter who you hang with i know most of the people on the villages
    i guess it depends on whats working or not working on the floor

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Depends who are you hanging with!!

#33 7 years ago

The Beefy King crowd on Fairbanks was a nice group to hang out with.

#34 7 years ago

it's a very fun weekend. Make the show if possible!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-pinball-in-florida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.