Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kyle-garage.jpg
    IMAG1009_BURST001.jpg
    IMAG0867.jpg
    IMAG0865.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hey SoCal pinheads!!! I’m currently taking a small group communications course, and our next assignment is to have a fundraiser and donate it to the charity of our choice. The charity we will be fundraising for is SHORTY'S PITBULL RESCUE (not my choice, was another group members). Our group has decided to open up my gameroom garage and we will charge 50 cents a game or $5 for unlimited play! The goal of the project is to raise $100 dollars, but we would love to raise more then our set goal (we have to beat the other groups ).

At the moment, I have 10 pins and 1 vid.

Ripley’s Believe it or Not
    Family Guy
    Simpsons Pin Party
    Jurassic Park
    Congo
    Tommy
    Wizard!
    Sopranos
    The Shadow
    Johnny Mnemonic
    And “possibly” a Lost World JP

I’m planning on doing this Friday and Saturday for the next 2 weeks. So, March 29, 30, and April 5, 6. And I’m thinking I’ll open up from 1:00PM to 11:00PM??? Maybe later, I don’t mind…

I just want to get a feeler of who would be going and weather or not I should go through with this plan? If its going work out, ill put the address later. Don’t want to put out that info yet.

Located Torrance, CA 90504

Thanks,
    Kyle

// Error: Image 83920 not found // IMAG0865.jpgIMAG0865.jpg IMAG0867.jpgIMAG0867.jpg // Error: Image 83923 not found //

#2 11 years ago

Hey Kyle, I would definitely be in for this. All your games are maintained well and would try to bring my wife too.
    Damon

#3 11 years ago

I accidentally deleted the wrong photo

IMAG1009_BURST001.jpgIMAG1009_BURST001.jpg

#4 11 years ago

I could do April 5-6 if my schedule works out.

#5 11 years ago

Count me in for the 5th or 6th too, depending on schedule.
    I'm always down for charity pinball!
    Thanks for setting this event up/putting this out there Hana9so!
    Is there anything else you need? (besides money...LOL.)

#6 11 years ago

Good luck with your project and hope you blow your goal out of the water.

#7 11 years ago

I'd be interested in April 5 or 6 (coming down from Van Nuys).

#8 11 years ago

I think you'll easily beat that $100 goal. We'd love to drive down for this Kyle, most likely on the 30th. Keep us posted.

#9 11 years ago

I could bring the fam for a few hours. We are good for 20. Probably the first week.

#10 11 years ago

hmmm, I might be able to make it down one of those weekends. I already know where you live

#11 11 years ago

@NimblePin -so far I think I've got everything in line! Its looking good!

Ok seems like this is going to work out. Going to post info on the rec.games.pinball also tonight.

PLEASE PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS! ! I hope you understand, I kind of don't feel comfortable putting my home address on a public forum!

Also feel free to ask any questions!

Kyle

#12 11 years ago

Or feel free to text me for the address at (310)346-0two3nine

I was also thinking about doing some sort of tournament possibly. Not sure what day would be best to have it on though. I was thinking maybe the winners will get a small cash prize!

Sorry this is so last minute, we were just given the details of the project Monday. And also we need some time to drop the money off!

#13 11 years ago

This is awesome. A bit far for me especially with a 5 month old. But you never know with me, I may just pack the baby backpack and head down with the wife. Realistically, probably only a 20% of me making it. Sounds like a good time. Best of luck!

#14 11 years ago

I'd be interested in stopping in on the first Friday, and work close by in redondo beach.

#15 11 years ago

Turns out I'm within walking distance! Next weekend is pretty iffy, kinda packed, but if not then I'll definitely try for April 5-6.

#16 11 years ago

I think if we will have a small tournament, it will be on Saturday evening! !

Looking forward to this.

#17 11 years ago

I could be up for a small tournament.

#18 11 years ago

Going to meet up with the group tomorrow. We'll have an official announcement with all the details tomorrow!

#19 11 years ago

You still down for this? My friend and I could probably come by tomorrow night.

#20 11 years ago

Yep its going on as planned. So far $0 dollars made!!!

#21 11 years ago

Nobody has come yet? My work in that area today got cancelled, but I'm still going to try and stop by. What time are you running this till?

#22 11 years ago

Shoot, Kyle! Wish I could make it down there. Good on ya for doing it though, and if Juster comes down hand him his ass!

#23 11 years ago

LOL i hope you make it Molly. I'm going to running until at least 10:00!!!!!

#24 11 years ago

Pretty sure I'm gonna pop by tomorrow! I've got lots of quarters!

#25 11 years ago

I stopped by last night and met Kyle, his family, and another local pinhead. He was a very nice host and his machines are in great condition! Always fun meeting other local collectors, and in this case helping a charity. Thanks for opening up your gameroom to us Kyle!

#26 11 years ago

Kyle was a ridiculously nice host, we had a great time, and it was nice to meet everyone else who came out.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks again Kyle for letting us come over and play your pins. I had a fantastic time and it was nice to meet all of you today

#29 11 years ago

We really had a great time last night, thanks for opening your collection to us Kyle.

Like others have said, Kyle and his family were fantastic hosts and the machines were fun and in really great shape. If anything *did* go wrong he'd fix it in minutes. He was even waxing machines if nobody was playing them! (plan for the day...make our playfields as shiny as Kyle's)

If you're on the fence about going if he opens up again next weekend, do not hesitate. Help the charity and play some great games!

#30 11 years ago

Looks like y'all had a great time, nice! I'm off to Zapcon next weekend but I should have a little window Friday afternoon where I could scootch in for a Shadow game or two. I'd love to make a little donation from PNN too, for your charity. So you're saying you'll be around mid-day this coming Friday? I could maybe bring and LA Pinball League member or two, too...

#31 11 years ago

If anyone wants to play some really excellent, clean, dialed in games in So Cal (for a good cause), head on down to Kyle's next weekend! Had fun last nite, and it was great meeting some new Pinsiders.

#32 11 years ago

Had lots of fun! Kyle and his family were super nice, and it was great meeting a handful of fellow pinsiders there too.
    Thanks so much for opening your collection for charity. And yeah, his Shadow is super sweet...

#33 11 years ago

Bad news: Can't make it next weekend.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Bad news: Can't make it next weekend.

APRIL FOOLS! See ya there, buddy!

#35 11 years ago

I just wanted to let you guys know that i am going to be cancelling this Friday, because i can't get the day off work. But Saturday will still be a go!

Sorry for any inconvenience,
    Kyle

#37 11 years ago

What have you raised so far?
    Reach your minimum goal?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

APRIL FOOLS! See ya there, buddy!

I'm not kidding Greg, I have to work.

#39 11 years ago

Planning on coming by tomorrow - are you still planning on 1pm to 11pm?

#40 11 years ago

I'm in for Saturday around 5 or so; up until "closing".
    Looking forward to meeting everyone and of course, helping out a charity while playing pinball.
    Hopefully there will be more than three people in attendance this time around*...

*based on Aurich's pic.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and of course, helping out a charity while playing pinball.
    Hopefully there will be more than three people in attendance this time around*...
    *based on Aurich's pic.

Heh, didn't even think to document until after everyone left!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

*based on Aurich's pic.

Oh man Chris is going? I was about to post that Monica and I weren't gonna make it down tomorrow. But now....hmmm lol. Well, have fun guys if we don't make it which we probably won't, got a lot going on tomorrow and a 2 hour drive one way with the baby might not be wise

#43 11 years ago

Actually we may make it. If we get our Saturday to do list done by 1, we'll come down and be there around 3. Probably stay til 6. We're gonna play it by ear though, we're at the mercy of a 5 mo old (who loves pinball )

#44 11 years ago

I will be there tomorrow for sure. Can't wait!

#45 11 years ago

So far i have totaled around $160. Already way past the goal! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Kyle

#46 11 years ago

Great event! Fun time meeting new folks and hanging out. Thanks to Kyle and Chris for the help!

#47 11 years ago

Thanks again Kyle, great meeting you. See you at Pins and Needles sometime.

#48 11 years ago

Sorry for digging this back up but...
    I just want to give a big belated "thanks", to Kyle and his family for opening up their garage so that a bunch of random strangers/pinheads could get together, play pinball, support a charity; all while having fun.
    It was great to meet all of the other "semi-local" Pinsiders who showed up as well! Too bad I didn't get to meet Rarehero, as I was looking forward to seeing him there. Oh well... Hopefully he'll sell me Kyle's Congo when he tires of it in a couple of months! LOL.

It seems like we've also got a new member from the event as well.

Welcome to the Pinside JabberJ!
    (Good luck with that JP!)

Anyway,
    If Hana9so ever does this again for whatever reason, *insert project here* you can definitely count me in!
    Thanks again Kyle!!!

#49 11 years ago

The solution to Rarehero not making it is simple, he just needs to host the next one.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Too bad I didn't get to meet Rarehero, as I was looking forward to seeing him there. Oh well... Hopefully he'll sell me Kyle's Congo when he tires of it in a couple of months! LOL.
    It seems like we've also got a new member from the event as well.

Sorry for flaking - I was driving back up from visiting my gramma in OC....and I dunno if my phone map gave me the wrong exit or if I just spaced out and missed it...but by the time I realized it I was too close to home and didn't want to u-turn back to Torrance.

Quoted from Aurich:

The solution to Rarehero not making it is simple, he just needs to host the next one.

Sure, why not! I should have more pin parties...maybe when Metallica comes you guys can come help me break it in.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-pinball-for-charity-socal-torrance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.