7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by atwong
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.06.06 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.03.51 PM (resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

From THE #1 TRADE MAGAZINE FOR THE COIN-OPERATED ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY

Here's the raw data about how much people are making off as a pinball operator (~$44 a week) compared to darts and pool.
    http://www.playmeter.com/images/SofIpg07.pdf

Funny thing... I just checked out a pin last weekend. Simpson party that earned over $30,000 in it's lifetime.

#2 7 years ago

$44/week is brutal.

I was *this* close to starting a route this year. In the end, I couldn't negotiate a good enough split to get things rolling. It's so hard to make it worth your time these days unless you have a magical location.

#3 7 years ago

$44/week is the same as darts. How much do darts machines cost?

#4 7 years ago

yeah I think operators are priced out of the pinball industry in most places.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from atwong:

From THE #1 TRADE MAGAZINE FOR THE COIN-OPERATED ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
    Here's the raw data about how much people are making off as a pinball operator (~$44 a week) compared to darts and pool.
    http://www.playmeter.com/images/SofIpg07.pdf
    Funny thing... I just checked out a pin last weekend. Simpson party that earned over $30,000 in it's lifetime.

Have you done the math on that? That's at least a 10-year old pin.

$30k ÷ 2 (operator split) = $15k. $15k ÷ 10 years ÷ 52 weeks = $29 per week.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Have you done the math on that? That's at least a 10-year old pin.
    $30k ÷ 2 (operator split) = $15k. $15k ÷ 10 years ÷ 52 weeks = $29 per week.

I wasn't saying it was a negative or positive. Just another data point to correlate the magazine.

On another note. I generated an ROI via https://financial-calculators.com/roi-calculator. Shows a 19% annualized return at 100% and 11% annualized at 50% spilt. Of course it doesn't count maintenance over the 10 years. Still, compared to SP500 average, that isn't horrible.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.03.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.03.51 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.06.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.06.06 PM (resized).png

#7 7 years ago

A lose/lose proposition...........and your games get brutalized...........

#8 7 years ago

Factor gas, insurance, time, parts and your ROI sweet fuck all.

Quoted from atwong:I wasn't saying it was a negative or positive. Just another data point to correlate the magazine.
    On another note. I generated an ROI via https://financial-calculators.com/roi-calculator. Shows a 19% annualized return at 100% and 11% annualized at 50% spilt. Of course it doesn't count maintenance over the 10 years. Still, compared to SP500 average, that isn't horrible.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkyle:

Factor gas, insurance, time, parts and your ROI sweet fuck all.

Agreed. I think if you own the pin and the location and it's a good location you can do alright. Otherwise, not so much. I'm averaging about $100/month per pin (after 50/50 split), which kind of sucks. I'd like to get my average up to $150/month.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agreed. I think if you own the pin and the location and it's a good location you can do alright. Otherwise, not so much. I'm averaging about $100/month per pin (after 50/50 split), which kind of sucks. I'd like to get my average up to $150/month.

Not picking but there is a lot of people talking but I'd like to do the hard math.

Community, what would you say costs are and we plug in numbers. I'm thinking for each year, let's add 1000 in maintenance costs a year (Factor gas, insurance, time, parts) and also let's say we sell the pin after 10 years of being on a route. Would that be a reasonable assumption?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-meters-state-of-the-industry-results-2015-pinball-operator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.