Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ckcsm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160303_133534_(resized).jpg
    playfield_meter_002_(resized).JPG
    playfield_meter_001_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2357_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2355_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2354_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2353_(resized).JPG
    dixieland.png
    play_meter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apc7654.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Agree totally! In the business, we used to re-wire many of them to count coins, not games.

My Roller Coaster meter was re-wired to count coins, and had 191,000. I don't know when it was switched to coins, but the counter was broken.

I opened it up and fixed it using a cut piece of tie wrap. Apparently the coil would actuate and index the number half way, but when the coil released, it would not complete the indexing the full number. That portion of the plastic spring was broken, so I Magiever'd it with the plastic tie wrap. Works perfect now.

I'm going to rewire it back to count plays. From the pictures in this thread, it looks like I have to move one of the counter wires to the wire that is screwed into the wood next to the meter.

#44 7 years ago

I agree with all of you regarding the meter not necessarily indicating actual game wear/use. I just wanted to restore this game to the original working condition, including the correct operation of meter.

The only wear on this playfield is in the ball arch, however the rest of the field does not show any indication of wear.

#46 7 years ago

Trying to figure out where to connect the other black wire from the meter. I see one is connected to the orange wire that is screwed into the wood next to the meter, however, from the pictures, I can't see where the other wire is connected. Could someone tell me where this wire is connected on that junction plug?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apc7654.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-meter-total-whats-typical?tu=apc7654 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.