Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by -Matt-
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

after.JPG
    before.JPG
    DSC04177.JPG
    DSC04164.JPG
    DSC04173.JPG
    DSC04170.JPG
    DSC04165.JPG
    IMG_20110509_184121.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glilly-BOA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 12 years ago

Just went through a bunch of that on a Playboy and a Gorgar the other day. I wound up using a plastic card (old Blockbuster card) and gently scraped the goop off after letting Goo Gone sit for a while. Then buffed with more Goo Gone and a rag. Worked great and saved hours of wiping / buffing and (best of all) it didn't damage the playfield.

G

#12 12 years ago

I'm in the middle of two playfields right now myself. A gorgar (very little touch up to do) and a Playboy (a lot of touchup to do). I have another Playboy playfield with less damage, but I figured I'd go with the most damaged. That way, if I mess it up, I have a backup. And, since this is still a learning experience for me, I wanted to try it on one I wasn't too worried about first. As in the youtube video of Pindude "anything will look better than it was".

Looks like that area in the photo above may be fun to touch up in that transitioning painted area. If you come up with any tricks for that, let us know how it works. I have a Black Knight that I will be doing eventually that needs touch up in the same type of transition paint.

BTW, are you having to level any of the inserts?

G

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from -Matt-:

I used Isopropyl Alcohol and a "Magic Eraser"

I think down the road, the Magic Eraser may turn out to be one of the greatest inventions for Pinball enthusiasts. Works like magic on a grimy playfield.

G

#16 12 years ago

Wow cevans82!! Are you repainting all the color rather than just touchup? Is it easier?
    I'm in the middle of a playboy playfield also (I'll post some pics soon). I'm touching up rather than complete paint over (at least, that's what I'm going to try to do).

Looks good though. It's making me consider...

G

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from -Matt-:

heat and tap level, then add some superglue on the underside of the inserts

I may try that method with the rest of the ones on my PB. On my Gorgar, they all fell out (almost on their own) so I'm cleaning and resetting glue. I have a High Speed I'm doing later also that will have to have them completely removed and cleaned and re-inserted.

G

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from cevans82:

i would be happy to share more pics and any advice that may help you as i have learned from a few mistakes. goodluck

Thanks. I'll do that when I get back on the project. I haven't been able to work on it for a week or so because of school and work and lot's of other things.

We should start a new sticky on playfield restoration photos and tips... Robin??

G

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glilly-BOA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-field-resto?tu=glilly-BOA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.