(Topic ID: 267840)

Play field lighting issues on Jack in the Box

By LocoMecanico

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

So I am trying to help a friend out with his Jack in the Box. The play field lights are not working. I found a blown 10 amp fuse for the play field lights. Replaced it and lights started working. Shut of machine and unplugged to replace a bunch of blown bulbs. When done plugged back in and turned on. Lights on play field don’t work again.

The lights on the cabinet work fine. I am not getting 6 volts to the play field lights. Got 6 volts on both sides of the fuse for play field. Anyone ever run into this issue?

#2 3 years ago

Check this sw. on the Tilt Hold relay (WH-R).

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #3 3 years ago

Ok will do. This is a bit hard without a wiring schematic but I will check it out tomorrow when I get to his house.

#4 3 years ago

Gottlieb's from that era normally power up with the playboard dark and the Tilt light illuminated on the backglass. Starting a game will light up the Playboard.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I went over and checked it out today. Traced wire from fuse up thru harness and found a wire that broke at a soldier joint. Redid the soldier and it works great now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-field-lighting-issues-on-jack-in-the-box?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.