12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_ball_Guides_.jpg
    TZ_ball_Guides_Cleaned.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Has ANYONE every had their P/F Raised all the way UP or on the Support,,

and the Dam thing came CRASH-n Down ??

I haven't,,, but I've often wondered if it would Ever happen..

Speak - Up !!!!

TZ_ball_Guides_Cleaned.jpgTZ_ball_Guides_Cleaned.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I would say that it is physically impossible unless someone bumps it.

#3 12 years ago

nope, but I had a fire flash up with the Pf raised

#4 12 years ago

I bought a CV with scrolls on the head, and I noticed that when the playfield is up, its really precariously straight up and down because the scrolls keep it from tilting all the way back against the head. It feels as if a fly could land on it and send it falling down.

I then noticed that the CV's playfield rest brackets were dented. Then I noticed there were a couple of playfield rest bracket dents in the wood above the coin door. I put 2 and 2 together and realized, yup - this baby came crashing down at least once.

It appears that the playfield rest brackets serve as pretty good crumple zones, absorbing a lot of the energy of the falling playfield. There was no permanent damage to anything I could see on the playfield other than to the brackets themselves. Of course the previous owner may have fixed some stuff if it got damaged.

So my research shows that there's at least one CV out there that the playfield fell on.

#5 12 years ago

Almost had my DW fall on my head a few times.

#6 12 years ago

Had a kick stand pop out from one once (an early SS game). It wasn't seated in the recess properly. It just landed on my back / head... Ouch!!

G

#7 12 years ago

I use two bungies around the head and the metal stands to secure the playfield when it is up like this. Just to be safe.

#8 12 years ago

Nope, my DE pins have a bungie on the bottom, and an eye on the PF to hook it onto, to prevent that from happening.

#9 12 years ago

I also generally secure them with a bungee,have had a playfield almost fall on me,got in a hurry

#10 12 years ago

I had the playfield fall on my Hollywood Heat. Caught it just before it slammed down. Hurt my hand like crazy, and twisted the playfield sideways in the cabinet by catching it on one side. Turned it to an evil dead machine later, now that I look at it I could have lost my hand. Ironic?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/play-field-disaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.