(Topic ID: 163059)

Play field colors for strikes and spares?

By Tommy-player

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tommy-player
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

want to touchup the play field on my S&S. Anyone have the brand and colors that best matches the bally colors? Have searched the forum and can't find any posts with the answer. I'm sure many folks have touched up a S&S so need your expert help. I realize that each PF fades differently so mixing colors to match is "best", but does anyone have recommendations for out of the bottle color matches to use for someone who is "color matching challenged"?

#2 3 years ago

You could try bringing the playfield to a place that can scan and mix paint. I've seen Sherwin-Williams mentioned a couple of times.

Other than that, each playfield will be slightly different because of the particular colors mixed on a particular day at the factory and because of fade and/or discoloration of the top coat.

#3 3 years ago

I may have to do that. I just touched up a Bally Playboy and one of the posts here recommended I try the Liquitex soft body acrylic in hibiscus to match the pink in the play field. Sure enough it was a perfect match straight out of the bottle. Was hoping someone here had a similar suggestion for the colors in S&S.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside