Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95F0B646-BDE1-4939-8DF9-4E71B848EBC8 (resized).jpeg
    90998395-3C31-4274-BF05-E3063DC7348E (resized).jpeg
    E8DB4334-D0DE-4938-B25D-3213AE1D3996 (resized).jpeg
    2F90F404-19F2-4DB4-A80F-B92DDE13CDEB (resized).jpeg
    97583A21-AFD9-4BCF-8615-A5E936F1EAC4 (resized).jpeg
    pinskates (resized).jpg
    seriesone.jpg
    bulk2.jpg
    bulk1.jpg
    images.jpg
    6c8d855a6cbda4ab9f885490b26fd948bc204750.jpg
    5.jpg
    header.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

header.jpgheader.jpg

Hi guys,

Stu and Myself (Tim) are Platinum Pinball. We are also very new to Pinside, so bare with us while we navigate our way around the place

We announced our product local time yesterday afternoon in Australia, so we felt that the guys (and girls) over this side of the pond deserved the same on their own time

... PRESS PLAY ON SALES PITCH

Born out of a need for high quality, pinball related merchandise – Platinum Pinball, under license from Planetary Pinball Supply - are proud to announce the first title in a series of collectible – fully licensed Bally / Williams skateboards; suitable to display on your game room wall!

Both timeless Americana, skateboarding and pinball are now seamlessly merged – allowing collectors from both backgrounds to capture the spirit of these iconic times.

In keeping true to these American roots, these collectable boards are proudly Made in the USA, using premium North American Maple plywood by one of the countries longest running board manufacturers.

Where possible, all graphics are silk screened by hand, direct to the board – further adding to the uniqueness of each item.

With the above in mind, we are extremely excited to announce the premiere title release

****BALLY CENTAUR ****

Arguably some of pinball's most striking imagery, truly eye catching graphics and a style all its own Centaur was an obvious first choice for us.

Since the announcement here yesterday the response has been fantastic. Thanks so much everyone for the support and well wishes.
    The Centaur board is available NOW in limited initial quantities, through www.platinumpinball.bigcartel.com

They are also becoming available through the following selected re-sellers over the course of the week.

Planetary Pinball Supply
    www.planetarypinball.com

Mr Pinball
    www.mrpinball.com.au

RTBB
    www.rtbb.com.au

Get in touch, and follow us on social media – catch us on Instagram and Facebook @platinumpinball and direct all specific enquiries to [email protected]

Regards,

Tim and Stu

END SALES PITCH HERE

Thanks guys for taking the time to have a look here, we really cant wait to hear your feedback and we look forward to bringing you more titles very soon.
    On that note...TELL US WHAT GRAPHICS YOU WANT TO SEE ON YOUR WALLS! The possibilities are endless, so we would really welcome any suggestions or discussion here, we are listening! (reading)

We will keep this thread running and will use it as a place to announce future releases and development news.

We also would love to see how collectors are displaying their boards - we developed this product because WE love skating and pinball too - they just seem to fit well together. So feel free to share some of your ideas.

If there are any other questions - please ask. Its the only way to answer them!

Thanks again guys,

Tim and Stu
    PLATINUM PINBALL

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg5.jpg

#3 8 years ago

How about a 70's inspired 10×30 single kick black knight design. Thanks for making these very cool.

#4 8 years ago

We have already had a few people send us PM's about this! On the list!!

Quoted from Jimmyd044:

How about a 70's inspired 10×30 single kick black knight design. Thanks for making these very cool.

THAT, sounds absolutely SICK - these are the ideas we are talking about. Awesome

#5 8 years ago

great to see these out and available! as Stu and Tim had said, let them know designs/titles as we have the full portfolio of wms/bly titles to figure out the best titles to do.

rick

#6 8 years ago

I love that you started with a classic Bally. Personally I'd like to see more over any modern title. Just fits the era so well. Medusa!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I love that you started with a classic Bally. Personally I'd like to see more over any modern title. Just fits the era so well. Medusa!

Thats what we figured Aurich - really interesting to see people jumping on the classic title suggestions. Initially we were thinking that the late graphics would be the way to go but the classic stuff is classic for a reason! ITS AWESOME!

#8 8 years ago

You couldn't lose with Fathom, Xenon, Elektra, Paragon, etc. Even some great designs on the stenciled cabinet art too.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You couldn't lose with Fathom, Xenon, Elektra, Paragon, etc. Even some great designs on the stenciled cabinet art too.

#10 8 years ago

Don't forget Teacher's Pet. Now that would look good on a skateboard.

6c8d855a6cbda4ab9f885490b26fd948bc204750.jpg6c8d855a6cbda4ab9f885490b26fd948bc204750.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Hurricane?

images.jpgimages.jpg

#12 8 years ago

Stargazer would be cool

#14 8 years ago

Sorry Stargazer is Stern. They only have the license for Williams/Bally.

#15 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to pick one of these up already and the quality is first class. The boards really look awesome in the flesh and as a pinball and skateboard collector this combo really nails it for me.
    On another note and I really don't want to go to far of topic but people outside of Australia may not be aware of the pinball restoration work Tim and Stuart do. The attention to detail in there restorations is incredible so it's no surprise these boards are as good as they are. I can't wait to see what's next.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hurricane?
    images.jpg

This would be AWESOME, Hurricane and Cyclone series perhaps...

#17 8 years ago

Tim also provides the highest level pinball game restoration down under, I have a number of games and playfields he has restored, they rival anything else out there. So these boards are as inspired by pinball as much as they are by skateboards.

#18 8 years ago

That is awesome! Make a Bram Stokers Dracula longboard and I'm sold! I'll cruise that all over town hah.

#19 8 years ago

Guys just wanted to jump in here and say thanks for the messages of support and feedback over the past couple of days.
    We have had an amazing response from our initial release - we are busy packing boards this morning

bulk1.jpgbulk1.jpg

Just wanted to mention also that YES, the Centaur graphic is part of a 4 title series. We had a number of Pinsiders contact us regarding the collectability of the product, so the Centaur will NOT look out of place sitting on its own on the wall. There are three other graphics upcoming that will complete this SET.

Once the Centaur graphic is SOLD OUT, please keep in mind that it may not be run again. As Rick mentioned in an above post, we do have the entire library of Bally Williams art to work with, and we want to keep releases fresh and exciting for collectors.

Planetary Pinball should have their stock by the end of this coming week! As always, any questions just fire them here!

We will be back soon, as we think announcing the other three titles to complete our first SET is of interest to a few collectors here!

Tim and Stu
    PLATINUM

bulk2.jpgbulk2.jpg

2 weeks later
    #22 8 years ago

The Classic Bally series is finalised and here it is. Collect the set!

Centaur (NOW Available) Once these are gone we will be onto the next graphic. Limited numbers remaining.
    Fathom (soon)
    Paragon (soon)
    Xenon (soon)

Including a bumper 5th graphic to be a numbered, LIMITED EDITION release (title to be announced)

Thanks for the great feedback and support guys. Initial response has been fantastic

Available at RTBB, Mr Pinball and Platinum Pinball and EXTREMELY soon at Planetary Pinball, Inc. your side of the pond

seriesone.jpgseriesone.jpg

Kind regards,

Tim and Stu
    PLATINUM

#23 8 years ago

If the 5th title was the stenciled Egyptian skull off the side of Mystic you'd have me sold, just saying ...

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If the 5th title was the stenciled Egyptian skull off the side of Mystic you'd have me sold, just saying ...

They are some killer looking graphics

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from platinumpinball:

They are some killer looking graphics

One of my favorite Bally stencils, and one I think that's often overlooked, Mystic doesn't get a ton of chatter. It's a really great game though, and simply beautiful.

3 weeks later
    #26 8 years ago
    Quoted from platinumpinball:

EXTREMELY soon at Planetary Pinball, Inc. your side of the pond

Any word on this?

#27 8 years ago

Sorcerer has some incredible play field and back glass art as well and would seem to fit the project pretty nicely!

#28 8 years ago

How about Radical!

Is a skateboard theme... I've been looking for a skateboard deck to mount atop my radical pinball machine, an official skateboard deck will do the trick

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Any word on this?

A speedhump with freight getting them to PPS, they should be available in the next 3 - 10 days. I am sure Rick will advise once they have been received.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorcerer has some incredible play field and back glass art as well and would seem to fit the project pretty nicely!

Absolutely, we are looking at all art and graphics from the Bally Williams library, certainly not limiting things to cabinet art only

Quoted from Chosen_S:

How about Radical!
    Is a skateboard theme... I've been looking for a skateboard deck to mount atop my radical pinball machine, an official skateboard deck will do the trick

Radical is sitting high on the to-do list. Will not be overlooked....

Just another thank you for the support and kind words from everyone here on Pinside, the idea has been very well received and looking forward to bringing a few surprises out very VERY soon

Tim and Stu
    Platinum

#30 8 years ago

well done guys,

vote Skateball as the LE 5th version and I will be in big time. Skateball just makes sense to link the skateboarding, skateboard deck to pinball

2 months later
    #32 8 years ago

Sweet, I've been waiting for these to be available stateside, thanks for posting Rick. Ordered.

#33 8 years ago

I know this isn't the cheapest but is a option for people to fasten a purpose vertical skateboard bracket and lock in your decks vertical supporting them while keeping them off the wall.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XL89L5T6U/skateboard-deck-vertical-wall-mount-bracket

#34 8 years ago

I don't want to undercut swinks, but this is what I personally use to hang vertical decks, have one right next to me now:

http://www.amazon.com/Sk8ology-Skateboard-Display-Kit-Tube/dp/B003T31BKS/ref=sr_1_7

#35 8 years ago

I can't believe no one has asked for a pinbot deck.

#36 8 years ago

no dramas, hadn't seen those before but seen similar, thanks for sharing

the only difference is with mine the bracket supports the board as where the screws go through and the bracket continues down close to the second set of screw holes to support the flat of the board, so the kicks aren't against the wall

all options and was bummed about shapeways price, working on another clip bracket so you can lift off easily to show a board to a mate and re clip in (so a 2 part bracket)

#37 8 years ago

Haven't owned a skateboard in 30+ years ... but now I have a reason. Ordered.

#38 8 years ago

Radical!

Enough said... So eager

1 month later
    #39 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I know this isn't the cheapest but is a option for people to fasten a purpose vertical skateboard bracket and lock in your decks vertical supporting them while keeping them off the wall.
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/XL89L5T6U/skateboard-deck-vertical-wall-mount-bracket

Swinks ... is it 27.50 each? Or do you get two in a set?

And not being a skateboard person ... what's a "standard truck screw"?

1 month later
    #40 8 years ago

Any word on the next design?

1 year later
    #41 6 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Any word on the next design?

#42 6 years ago

Was just thinking about this yesterday.

#43 6 years ago

Has anyone clearcoated their deck? The finish on my Centaur looks like it could us it.

1 month later
    #44 6 years ago

Man. Jack my idea AND my Paragon pic.

pinskates (resized).jpgpinskates (resized).jpg

1 year later
    #45 5 years ago

Whatever happened to these guys? Are they still making skateboards, or was this a one-and-done with Centaur?

#46 5 years ago

I'd love one of these Centaur boards. Looks like I'm a few years late. lol.

5 months later
    #47 4 years ago

Hey fellas, I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has one of these Centaur decks that would be willing to trade for a Xenon deck? Please let me know! Thanks!
    2F90F404-19F2-4DB4-A80F-B92DDE13CDEB (resized).jpeg2F90F404-19F2-4DB4-A80F-B92DDE13CDEB (resized).jpegE8DB4334-D0DE-4938-B25D-3213AE1D3996 (resized).jpegE8DB4334-D0DE-4938-B25D-3213AE1D3996 (resized).jpeg97583A21-AFD9-4BCF-8615-A5E936F1EAC4 (resized).jpeg97583A21-AFD9-4BCF-8615-A5E936F1EAC4 (resized).jpeg90998395-3C31-4274-BF05-E3063DC7348E (resized).jpeg90998395-3C31-4274-BF05-E3063DC7348E (resized).jpeg95F0B646-BDE1-4939-8DF9-4E71B848EBC8 (resized).jpeg95F0B646-BDE1-4939-8DF9-4E71B848EBC8 (resized).jpeg

#48 4 years ago

edit: nevermind

#49 4 years ago

Bump! Anyone interested in a Xenon deck to hang in their game room?

4 weeks later
    #50 4 years ago

Looks like these guys are out of business...

“(Last seen August 2nd, 2017)”

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/platinum-pinball-licensed-collectable-skateboards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.